LegacyGT.com

'00 2.5i engine problem

Kario

When first started in the morning car runs fine, engine is smooth, cluch is smooth and easy to operate.

After driving for a while under havy load or under city traffic conditions engine starts to have following issues:

1. Lack of power.

2. Is getting louder.

3. Runs more rough.

4. I need to hold cluch longer when changing gears as engine seems to need morw time to level rpm with transmission box.

5. Clutch becomes more difficult to operate (no feel) especialy when going from a stop.

It happens more often when is hot outside. It also happens more often when I left car for a while after a ride and then start is again before it has time to cool down (like 15min for example).

It seems like something is overheating but engine coolant temeperature gauge is always at its middle nomatter what I do with the car (exept when its cold when is shows thet engine is cold).

Any ideas what can couse that ?

Car is Legacy 2.5i '00 with ~100k miles, manual transmission.

One more thing that might be ralated:

If I rave engine in neutral quickly (aggresivly push throttle) there is a moment of hesitation, one shake of a car, rave goes up quickly, after I take foot of the throttle revs still go up some more, than go down quickly to ~1000RPM, stop for a moment, hesitate, then there is a another single shake, revs go up just a little bit and then down slowly to ~650TPM.

If I push throttle gently there is no hesitation, no shake, revs go up much slower, then when I take foot of the throttle revs go down slower, dont stop at 1000TPM and there is no shake.

How strong 100RPM shake is pronounced is related to how quickly I push throttle. Sometimes is goes smooth, but most of a time is stops there hesitate, make a single shake and goes back to normal.

Archived