LegacyGT.com

PLEASE HELP - '08 Owners with Paddle Shifters

tdoggydog

OK, so today I got a call from SOA saying that there was a regional rep at the dealership. It just so happened I had a couple hour break from work available, so I took the car over there for a test drive. The guy immediately comments on how he can "drive the car perfectly straight" and blamed any concerns of mine on "crowns or imperfections in the road". Well, I recorded the conversation with his consent because I could see where this was heading. After a heated argument on the 405, he finally agreed to reimburse me for an alignment at the shop of my choice. My appointment is tomorrow.

Sorry if I missed it but can you adjust the difference it's off from left to right?

Most Imprezza owners had this issues and only poly steering rack bushings fixed it.

In our case, if you took a hard right turn then the wheel, after tracking straight again, is slightly to the right. This can happen again by taking a very hard left and having it remain slightly to the left.

It was the rubber steering rack bushings being too pliable. The rack would move in their mount slightly resulting in the steering wheel being slightly off center.

Food for thought.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1586"VbGallery/URL]

UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED!!! I used American Tire & Brake in Mission Viejo as they've always serviced my prior cars with excellent care. Mark, who works at the front, helped arrange the work order and Dan, one of their superior technicians, adjusted the tie rods several times until the wheel was dead-centered, and re-aligned the wheels as they were out of spec from it's prior alignments done through warranty - go figure. So, that's it - time to close this thread up.

But props to American Tire & Brake (949.830.0760) - if any of you guys are in this area and need professionalism for your car care, go to them and you'll walk away satisfied every time.

On a random side note, my key fob went on the fritz today. But after awhile, it started working again. Oy.

Good to hear man, just caught this thread and now that I read, I kinda have noticed this a little, but I thought it was just me blowing things out of proportion. I'm going to take a better look at this next time I take her out.

BTW - my prior '02 S-10 (R.I.P.) had this problem and I probably took it for over 20 alignments at firestone (gotta love lifetime warranty on alignment). Makes me wonder if this was all that was needed. :\

Archived