LegacyGT.com

Grinding sensation

Mr. Ed

So...when I stop the car at a full stop, then accelerate...I feel something grinding/rubbing from the front driver wheel......

we thought it was the brakes...as my rotors were warped....that was fixed today and the issue is still there.

only when accelerating from a full stop....it doesn't happen any other time.

I have checked my coil overs and all looks good, endlinks are intact....cobb sway is all well

what now?

thought I would also add...there is no noticeable noise...only the sensation of grinding/rubbing, and it's gone within seconds of accelerating

I found Amy's post from a few months back and I am going to check all of my exhaust components etc.... The 2nd 02 was removed when we tuned the car last week so maybe that is all it is.

The sound she describes seems to be similiar.

I've read on all other possible causes and it doesn't seem to add up.....

I'll check back Thurs

Well, I got under the car last night and gently tapped everything with a rubber mallet. I found that the H brace was vibrating...on the driver's side even. Apparently 2 bolts came loose and have run away.

I'll pick up new bolts and try that out tonight.

hrm...i wish i had seen this before i got under the car....I'll take some pics soon and post them up..

new bolts are in...update ya soon

update: it was not the h brace.......

car is going to the shop in the morning

So...when I stop the car at a full stop, then accelerate...I feel something grinding/rubbing from the front driver wheel......

we thought it was the brakes...as my rotors were warped....that was fixed today and the issue is still there.

only when accelerating from a full stop....it doesn't happen any other time.

I have checked my coil overs and all looks good, endlinks are intact....cobb sway is all well

what now?

thought I would also add...there is no noticeable noise...only the sensation of grinding/rubbing, and it's gone within seconds of accelerating

sounds like your calipers/pistons are sticking

Keefe

i hope not...that is what i thought as well....i took it in for them to do a brake job Tuesday. They did cobb pads, machined the rotors, and flushed and filled with silkolene...... i would hope they would have caught sticking calipers. given their track record at catching things tho....i bet that t what the problem is...

official word, after 2 techs looking at the car........

clutch shudder.....caused by "spots" on the flywheel. the said to slip the clutch a lil and it will go away, but to plan on buying a new clutch and plate within the next 30 k miles

• 6 months later...

or so we thought.....

i toasted that clutch trying to "birn off" the spots they told me where causing the issue...

now, 20k miles later...my tuner gives me the advice on what to check..it blows my mind that my car has been in the hands of so many techs and no one caught this.

Clark Turner road in my car for 15 minutes and knew what the problem was... busted up motor mount...no goo inside so it has been busted for quite a while.

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd179/00mred00/SSPX0074.jpg

Archived