LegacyGT.com

Bug deflector for 05 GT Turbo?

We took a road trip from Dallas, TX to Scottsdale, AZ soon after buying our LGT back in '05. I got my first hood scratch from road debris and could not abide any more. So we bought the turbo-specific Subaru hood deflector for the return trip.

Since then I've experienced neither airflow deficiencies for the turbo, nor additional paint-robbing shots to the hood. I also happen to like the way it looks.

(<----- especially in my avatar picture where the deflector makes it look angry, while eating up the autocross course! :lol:)

Zoombaru01.jpg.f6995454c0dac907793cb2e3bebf154d.jpg

Yeah I'm also late on this, but my 2.5xt ob came with the bug deflector. It looks great and I can guarantee there is no disturbance of airflow to the intercooler because:

1) I'm in Florida, and I never have heat problems and

2) It really doesnt work too well as for airflow to redirect bugs. Plus it cant do crap about giant dragonflies flying right into the windshield. However the deflector did do a good job killing one once, and it's buddy the i/c scoop nailed a butterfly once...so sad.

This is true. I still scrub bugs off the front lip of my hood scoop all the time and they sure get all over the windshield. I have zero rock hits on my hood but my windshield is starting to look like it's been lightly sand blasted with small jagged pebbles.
Let's kick this pig!

hey everyone, for those who drive a LGT with a bug deflector..can you tell me whether your's scoops up? B/c I can't really tell in the picture...

I got a spec-b recently with a bug deflector..but...mine kinda scoops up at the end closest to the windshield..

From what I can tell from the pics, the GT deflectors are kinda flat at that end..

I hope those mofo's didn't give me the wrong one.....................................................................................

hey everyone, for those who drive a LGT with a bug deflector..can you tell me whether your's scoops up? B/c I can't really tell in the picture...

I got a spec-b recently with a bug deflector..but...mine kinda scoops up at the end closest to the windshield..

From what I can tell from the pics, the GT deflectors are kinda flat at that end..

I hope those mofo's didn't give me the wrong one.....................................................................................

I have seen those. I thought they were a new version ,but now that I think of it they were both on NA 2.5i's

Denial is your best friend

• 1 month later...

^ Just put one on today. The trailing edge is flat, no curve.

Anyone know how to remove the Subaru lettering on it? I really don't want to scratch it all up trying different things. It's not just a sticker, almost seems painted on.

Archived