LegacyGT.com

Anyone come from an STi to Leggy?

Really thinking about getting in the new legacy. Wanted one before, but never liked the front end. Now with the new '08 lights/bumper and Spec B interior, they look really appealing (especially lowered!). Has anyone sold their STi for a Legacy? Did you go GT or Spec B? Want do you like or miss?

Problem is I've got my STi finally how I want it. It's perfect. I tried to mod it mildly keeping it as stock as possible. (I learned some lessons from my previous RS/wrx swap). Only thing I'm looking for is some more comfort/refinement. I love the power in the STi but really don't need it for my short trip to work. Although want more than 250 hp. Plans for Legacy would be lowered, transfer my RE's, get a turbo back, AccessPort and try to keep it at that. How's the stock turbo on a stg 2 map?

Here's my currnet mods:

Turbo XS turbo back

Cobb AP (Protuned by Tim @PDX Tuning)

STi timing belt

Prodrive Springs

Cusco f/r sway bars with Kartboy endlinks

BBS RE 18x8 (these would look REALLY good on a new spec B)

wrx spoiler

JDM V7 Spec C seats (will really miss these :( )

Prodrive floor mats

Pioneer stereo

Here's some pics below:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/files/994232_jwmqi/RefinishedRE_01.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/files/994234_q3m9o/RefinishedRE_02.jpg

Or should I just add some sound insulation to my STi to refine it. A new Spec B at $35k brings some serious options for other cars (used M3/911 territory).

Nice STi. One thing to note, the AP will not port over to an 07+ LGT (yet). SI Drive has added a complication that they have not mapped yet (although it is in progress). I think the wait will definitely be worth it, and I LOVE my LGT. I would be hard pressed to turn down a Spec B if I had the option. I've only had my LGT for slightly over a month, but I've taken a few short trips (few hours) with it and the comfort and ride are exactly what I wanted. I've heard they've changed the final drive on the tranny from previous year models, so I'm only turning ~3k @ 75, but I have the power where I need it and when I want it. Not to mention I just couldn't deal with the image projected by an STi...

:whore: for the LGT.

Happy hunting!

Wingless and silver wheels definitely help. Only Sti badges I have are on foglight covers and doors. I get a lot less attention than my blk/gold RS with 22b wing. That could be pretty trick to incorporate the Si drive on an AP. Could drive stock/low boost to commute than switch to stg 2 map on Si drive.

Ride wise I know the stock GT is a little to soft. Mom has a GT wagon. Need something inbetween that and my STi. Think the Spec B setup might be what I'm looking for but I have yet to ride in one.

i love my LGT. :) we also have an 07 STI totally stock. though it's a fun car to drive, i love my LGT and am happy to have it back when i do swap cars for the day with hubby.

i'm assuming you know that the 04 STI is the only year we share same bolt pattern? unless your rims have both?? your STI looks very nicely done. i love the clean look, no huge spoiler. you will notice a definite power decrease in the LGT from the STI, however, i do believe that Ben from ecutek has an option for tuning on the 07/08's now. good luck!

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Ride wise I know the stock GT is a little to soft. Mom has a GT wagon. Need something inbetween that and my STi. Think the Spec B setup might be what I'm looking for but I have yet to ride in one.

Unless you really want the 6-spd in the spec B go for the 2.5GT. Since you are planning on lowering the car anyway, there is no reason to get the spec B suspension. I would get the 2.5GT, save yourself $4k+ and just go for coil-overs. There are a few sets on the market that rides nicely for ~$1000.

Like AKLGT says, unless your STI is '04 those BBS won't fit on LGT. The LGT has 5x100.

Stage II LGT with stock turbo will be very close to the STI in terms of acceleration. The power comes on earlier on the LGT because of the smaller turbo but it loses to the STI on the top end. But as others have posted, no '07+ AP yet.

you're going to miss the throttle response on the sti i can tell you that much.

you wont miss the bumpiness and lack of sound deadening... a couple minutes in the leggy after your sti and you'll be wondering if you were going deaf (as it's super quiet).

car for sale. PM me!

Yep!

That and...

You'll get buyers remorse at first and then it will go away on the first long trip you take. Also, you'll be glad when you notice fuel savings (unless you get stage 2 ;) )

I had a 02 Stg 4 WRX and then a 04 STi. I love the leggy so much that when I got to Fl, I bought my current one as mine was left in PR.

Also, you'll be glad when you notice fuel savings (unless you get stage 2 ;) )

I average 27-28 mpg on my stage II and my last tank was 30.6 mpg. It all depends on how you drive. And yes I drive like a grandma on my commute... :lol:

i love my LGT. :) we also have an 07 STI totally stock. though it's a fun car to drive, i love my LGT and am happy to have it back when i do swap cars for the day with hubby.

i'm assuming you know that the 04 STI is the only year we share same bolt pattern? unless your rims have both?? your STI looks very nicely done. i love the clean look, no huge spoiler. you will notice a definite power decrease in the LGT from the STI, however, i do believe that Ben from ecutek has an option for tuning on the 07/08's now. good luck!

That's an 04 STi ;)

05+ STi's have the little fender flare on the rear fenders. :)

It's an '04 correct. So the wheels will swap :)

I really just want the Spec B for the 6spd since the struts would go if I went with coilovers. Just sucks to pay an extra $5k to get the six. The alacantara is nice, but doesn't add any appeal over full leather for me. How do they ride compared to a stock GT?

I thought I would miss my RS/WRX swap when I got rid of it for the STi but never missed it for a second..

The ride is definitely stiffer than an LGT, but it is still soft and has a good bit of roll.

I miss the acceleration of the STI, but the STI's rough ride finally got old.

Be aware of the stutter issues with the LGT before you get it. That is damn annoying and Subaru hasn't found a sure fix for it yet (depends on who you talk to). We've all been waiting FOREVER for Cobb to get the AP out, which should solve the stutter problem. The excuses they keep giving should have been solved six months ago.

I went from an '04 STi to an '04 Lightning to an '08 LGT. While the LGT is down on power compared to my previous vehicles, it's still fun and it's a LOT more comfy than either STi or L.

It all depends on what stage of life you're in. If you want the hardcore racer car, keep the STi. If you want something a bit more refined, get the LGT. FWIW, I haven't regretted it, and I came from 500+ ft. lb torque at the rear wheels.

The stutter is an issue, but it can be eliminated with some form of engine management. Only forms out currently are ECUtek and UTEC Delta. Cobb hasn't given us a release date as of yet for the AP.

Mika

oddly enough, i'm planning to pick up the new STI hatch. i don't plan to get rid of the LGT because i love the car too much. i just want to have some more cargo space without sacrificing the performance. :D

oddly enough, i'm planning to pick up the new STI hatch. i don't plan to get rid of the LGT because i love the car too much. i just want to have some more cargo space without sacrificing the performance. :D

Why not a slightly used GT wagon;)

I have both.. a 05 STI and an 08SpecB. My STI has roughly 400whp/400wtq.

The SpecB is still stock.

STI is pure nuts power and handling. Awesome car. I've used it as my daily driver for 2 years, (I had an 03 evo before that), and the only suspension upgrade i have are sway bars, and strut bars, for track use, and prevent chasis flex.

The spec B is like an m5 wannabe, cushy soft ride (i was taken aback with the body roll.. damn flimsy sways for a 'sports' sedan), some decent power. DEFNATELY got the good looks, but the aftermarket support for the car is lacking compared to the STI. Almost any decent turbo upgrade requires a manifold/fuel system swap from an STI. Could use a lsd in the front also.

there are plenty of direct bolt on turbo's for the LGT. ;) however, yes, you'll want to upgrade fuel and injectors at the very least. body roll in the LGT sucks!!! i suggest an RSB and coilovers. :D

Almost any decent turbo upgrade requires a manifold/fuel system swap from an STI.

That would be the case if you wanted to run a TMIC. WRX/STi turbos will work on the LGT intake manifold as long as you run a FMIC.

ha, I want to trade my LGT in for an STI. Well, I have atleast been thinking about it for a while now. Havent yet made the decision to actually do it. I wish I had the money for a new STI.

Archived