LegacyGT.com

a good dealership in Houston/Austin/DFW?

alphatarget1

Hi everyone,

I joined a few months ago after buying a 05 LGT. Just moved to TX last month and I need to find a good dealership to check out my CEL (P2006,7,9). ANy recommendations? I'd prefer to go to Houston since I have family there and it's closer to me (I'm in College Station).

I can't recommend Subaro of Plano, enough... They've branched off from Subaru of Dallas about 9 months ago. Great service, and lots of aftermarket parts/support due to their close ties with Cobb (they have a Cobb track car in their service bay all of the time).

They've been great at making sure that I'm 100% happy with my car.

Ask for David Thomas, the President of that branch and he'll get you hooked up with someone to take care of you. Tell him Curtis Fowler referred you, most likely he'll get you a price break.

The problem with recommending a dealer is that people change out from time to time. High turnover rates can suck because everytime you take the vehicle in, you have to deal with a new person (in the front office). I'm not sure how often the people performing the work change out. Personally, I like to deal with the same people visit after visit. The Dallas drive is a bit further than Austin or Houston. Teape Subaru in Arlington is the only dealership on the south end of town. I use Teape Subaru in Hurst because I get good service there and it is along the way home. Good luck finding a place you are happy with. Gig 'em!

The problem with recommending a dealer is that people change out from time to time. High turnover rates can suck because everytime you take the vehicle in, you have to deal with a new person (in the front office). I'm not sure how often the people performing the work change out. Personally, I like to deal with the same people visit after visit.

Heh, that's why I referred him to the President of the dealership... As long as he has an in with the guy at the top he's bound to get someone who gives a crap everytime thereafter.

If you travel enough south to Dickinson, I recommend McRee Subaru. I've been dealing with them since I bought our car there in Dec of 2005. The dealership + service shop is on exit 19 (north or south bound) of I-45. I've got nothing but good things to say about all the folks there. In fact, just recently, I learned I can take our Suby there for our state inspection. Their loaner for owner vehicles are also Subaru, not other makes......

Archived