LegacyGT.com

E/T display in '08 dash - how does it work?

tdoggydog

Stupid question, maybe, but I'm lost and the manual is not helping me. You know the E/T display in the dash, the one when you cycle through mileage, engine mapping, etc.? How do you set/reset the E/T display. I've tried the reset push button on the dash as well as the controls on the steering wheel and am not having any luck. Any of you guys figured this out? :spin:

mwiener2's right it simply shows Engine "on" Time. Where some cars will show you this as Estimated Time of Arrival E.T.A. and could be programed with the number of miles you want to travel or even keep track of total time of a trip and need to be reset manually; ours just shows how many hours/minutes the car has been running since the last time it was started and will reset to zero every time the car is turned off.
Let's kick this pig!

Ahhhhhhhh....now that makes sense....I'll have to check it later on after driving awhile to see if it keeps counting up. For some reason I've only noticed it at around 2-4 minutes, but that could've been while messing with it when first starting the car.

And what the heck? Why would this type of gauge be useful?

it flashes at every hour (xx:00)

and at every 2 hours!!!!! *gaassspp* it will chime AND flash at the same time! the car is trying to tell us something..

really is useless. everything that the car chimes about is stupid.

seat belt not on - chime

key in ignition, door open - chime

2 hours continuous driving - chime

low tire pressure - chime and annoying orange light on dash (and won't tell us how low we're at)

downshifting too early (or just accidentally hitting the "minus" down paddle shifter) - chime

are any of these useful?? nope.

it flashes at every hour (xx:00)

and at every 2 hours!!!!! *gaassspp* it will chime AND flash at the same time! the car is trying to tell us something..

really is useless. everything that the car chimes about is stupid.

seat belt not on - chime

key in ignition, door open - chime

2 hours continuous driving - chime

low tire pressure - chime and annoying orange light on dash (and won't tell us how low we're at)

downshifting too early (or just accidentally hitting the "minus" down paddle shifter) - chime

are any of these useful?? nope.

should got an 05 or something.

you can disable the seat belt chime

take the key out or close the door

my car does tell me when my ass is sore

bah i can check my own tires thank you. (no tpms)

if i downshift to early my motor goes to about 9k rpm:eek:

Archived