LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 almost here! Got my Perrin pipes.

I Cant Drive 55

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/2633/perrinov8.jpg

Some bolts not in the picture.

I've also got new gaskets coming in today. I shouldn't need anything else for these right? Just waiting on the AutoSpeed CBE, AP! I don't think I got an invoice from Harman Motive... If I did, it's lost in a billion green peanuts that my dogs are chompin' on. Just want to make sure everything is ok. :cool:

Yeah, it was a whole gasket package from thekingofparts.com

Where does the bottom part of the UP connect to? I always thought it went to the DP, but they're not the same size. Unless its matches up with a gasket first?

The bottom part of the up connects to the headers.

LOL I thought that would be the top part? So where does the other end go? :lol:

Oh boy, lol one end connects to the intake side of the turbo the other to the header. Good luck brother, going stage 2 is going to be more than just bolting everything on and not having to touch anything. You will definitely want to know where you are putting those bling parts on before you get them installed. Do some serious research.

They put 2 cats in them now? God how much do they cost? Looks good though, have someone with experience to help?

http://www.everett.org/cats/devil-cats.jpg

I saw these cats offered on the new Cobb Downpipe, they are an extra 20bucks over the currently catted dp.

My fathers friend is a mechanic. He said he'd install everything (including suspension parts) at his shop. :)

Remember to check your oil everyday for the first week and then check your oil once a week from here on out. You have to monitor that closely. Also many people get oil leaks from going to stage 2, not serious ones but you really need to be paying close attention to your ride.

If its your dad's friend, make sure you set up a follow up to come back in a few days, a week at most and get your ride up on the lift to look everything over to make sure that there are no leaks. I found one on my car on the lift after going stage two, it was from a crappy clamp not holding the oil line on tight enough under the upgraded pressure.

The AP is being ordered tomorrow.

The Perrin stuff seems to be good quality, but then again I've got nothing to compare it to. I bought it because I wanted a full 3" TBE once I get AutoSpeeds CBE.

Perrin stuff always looks nice, its a matter of how far off will it fit from what its supposed to be. Its hit or miss and I wish you better luck on fitment than my perrin catless dp or my perrin cbe. Just make sure you have accessport before you do the install, you won't want to be driving around w/o a cobb base map loaded.

The AP is being ordered tomorrow.

The Perrin stuff seems to be good quality, but then again I've got nothing to compare it to. I bought it because I wanted a full 3" TBE once I get AutoSpeeds CBE.

^ Be interested to hear how the perrin bolts up the the AutoSpeed. Not to burst your bubble, but Perrin is known for fit issues. You should try bolting things up before you get your car up in the air, make sure everything looks good.

I have been quickly reading these post BUT MAKE SURE YOU USE NEW OEM GASKETS from Subaru. Do it right the first time and it will save you and your dad headache. Also really learn about what a turbo does and what modifing it will do, it will make search around the forums much easier...
Semper Fi.

you dont need an ap. There are other tuning methods guys, come on.

OpenECU FTMFW!

Perrin stuff looks nice and expensive ;)

What shop does he work at? I live in Cranston right off of Park/Phenix Ave.

enough zip ties and duct tape will fix anything.

you dont need an ap. There are other tuning methods guys, come on.

Give me a break. The OP didn't know where the header connected to, do you think he is going to go through the trouble to data log and open tune.:rolleyes: For the OP the only 'real' option that will require minimal work on his part with tuning is AP.

Archived