LegacyGT.com

Out-of-Warranty Question

issai

I'm having dashboard rattle issues in my car, that were first reported @ 29K miles and fixes were attempted on 09/20/2006. However, the noise is back, and now I'm at 45K miles. Since TSB 12-96-06 was published after the first attempts to fix the issue, I'm wondering if a Subaru dealership is obligated to execute the TSB for me at no cost?

• 1 year later...

I want to bump this thread for an answer.

I have this problem but didn't bother to have the dealer address it while my car was under warranty.

Can TSBs be fulfilled while the car is out of warranty or can they only be done while the car is within warranty?

TSB's would be "customer pay" if the car is out of warranty.

"If" a complaint was made at a dealership, and documented before the car was out of warranty for a specific concern that a TSB addresses then the dealer "should" still take care of it...but to be sure I would start a case with SOA @ 1-800-SUBARU3, be prepared to provide documentation that the dealer was aware of the concern before the warranty ran out.

Like Opie said, make sure you have documentation as that will help your case.
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Archived