LegacyGT.com

CSP Track day 11/11/07

Money

Hey guys. I know some of you were out at the track day in June that was put on by Flatirons Tuning/Subaru/Go4It Racing. Wanted to let you know about another track day they are putting on. Originally posted on AWDPirates.net. Let's have a good Legacy showing out there again.

-Allen

Well folks, I don't know how he did it, and honestly, I don't think I want to know because he may have to kill me if he told me, but Michael of Go 4 It Racing School was able to get us the CSP track on Sunday the 11th of November.

After talking to a number of people, it does seem like the distance to drive out to La Junta was a big reason that we didn't get the turn-out that we needed to make that happen, so now we will be much closer to home in Golden.

Oh, and did I mention that they just paved the CSP track http://www.awdpirates.net/phpBB2/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Basically, the format will be the same as the previous track day. The cost is $150 per car. We will do car control drills in the morning, and then open track time in the afternoon. And just like the La Junta Track day, any car is welcome, so dust off the Stuedabaker if you want to.

The one thing is that since we will be out in November, there is a chance of snow. At this time, I think that even if it snows, we will still go ahead with the event, and just do a winter driving class instead. But hopefully the car gods will smile upon us, and give us good weather.

Also, if you are interested in attending, please don't wait too long to sign up. Just like last time, because we are putting this on ourselves, we can only make this happen if we have people sign up for it. To make things easier in that regard, we will be taking registration on our web site, or if you like, I can still e-mail you a registration form, and you can send a check to Go 4 It Racing School. Which ever works best for you...

Here is a link to our site for you to sign up

We will be doing a tech inspection again just to make sure that your car is in good/safe running condition, but this time to make things simpler, I think we'll try to do it first thing in the morning.

Also, helmets with a ANSI/SNELL 95 or newer rating will be required for all drivers.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and I'll update this first post with more information as it becomes available.

See you at the track

http://www.awdpirates.net/phpBB2/images/smiles/driving.gif

J. Cooley

Just a quick update. There are quite a few sign ups, but we need more people to commit to ensure this track day happens. If you are on the fence, please go ahead and sign up using the link above.

Refunds will be issued for inclement weather, or the track day will be moved to another day so you have nothing to lose.

Thanks guys!

-Allen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It's a go bump! Just a side note between you, me, and the wall, they went forward with the track day even though they had way under the "required" number of people. That means lots-o-track time with no traffic!

There is a full refund in the case of bad weather. As of right now, there is a fallback date of November 18th. If both dates are bad weather there will be a full refund issued.

I don't have an idea of what the costs are to put on one of these track days. I would contact Jon at Flatirons Tuning directly with any questions regarding that. He will be out of town this week for SEMA, so don't expect a response until next week.

I do know that for the June track day we had Subaru as a sponsor and it was only $30 per car. From what I have found about track days, $150 isn't too bad. Hell, some people on this board spend that on a set of eyelines.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the comments, guys. It does help to get feedback on these type of events so we can work together to make them more appealing to everyone.

-Allen

Yeah, I've heard $150 is standard as well, IF YOU HAVE IN CAR TRAINING. Yeah, I enjoyed the $30 track day w/ SOA. $65 for Z Club (w/ no sponser and not a full group of drivers) was reasonable.

This is a huge bummer b/c I've been jones-in' to hit the track one last time before winter, but $150 simply can't be justified.

Archived