LegacyGT.com

Toyota/Subaru sports car details

chenc544

Does anyone else besides me think that a RWD sports car with only 105hp won't be as popular as it would be with FWD? Maybe if it had more power me thinks.

Ive said it before, but my dad raves about his FWD Prelude and it being the greatest thing since sliced bread (besides the reliability). It really was a nice handling car and decent in the snow and rain.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Toyota should leave subaru alone and just bring back the supra.. anybody hear anymore about that Toyota ft-hs thing? 400 hp hybrid with awd and convertable/targa hardtop for 35K??

Yeah Ive been following that one for awhile. I think that not only will the hybrid be exciting, but also the gasoline version. Not sure about the FT-HS, but the Lexus LF-A will have a V10, a Lexus first.

The hybrid version of the FT-HS supposedly will have the first Lithium Ion technology, making it faster than the gasoline only version, but less desirable to the tuners.

they became 2-door haters when the SVX didn't take off the way they wanted...

Then they didn't bother replacing the 2.5RS coupe when the bugeye impreza came along. And nothing since.

I guess try and quit is easier and cheaper than try, try again.

Yeah, they're stupid. Seriously.

Probably a good idea. I like how the WRX and EVO were so popular when the plugs were pulled on the Prelude and Celica. If I were Honda or Toyota, I would have looked at these successful cars and built my own.

if this shows up as a RWD, underpowered, boxer-engined toyota coupe, I am gonna be "not happy".

I don't think I would mind if Subaru became an outsource option for Toyota, hopefully without the Saabaru rebadging fiasco. I'll have to think about the business aspects of that but I would think they may be able to use some of the profits from that sort of venture into their own lineup.

I read an article about this car in Road and Track yesterday. They got it wrong. They were under the impression that the car would be powered by a 1.5L inline 4, not the Subaru boxer engine. Not sure how they messed that up, there were press releases about it.

Archived