LegacyGT.com

Any mods for the 2.5i?

Waynerm002

Ok, while not as fast as the GT, this car does have pretty decent handling. I however, don't like the way the nose dips when I have to put brake hard. I would like to give it a bit sporty feel and handling without spending a lot of money on coilovers (are they available for this car yet?). I keep hearing about these pink springs, are there any matched springs and shocks which will firm up the ride, minimize the roll and banish the nose dive? Yeah, I am missing the sport package from my Audi. Loved the ride and the way it cornered/handled.

I think the STi pinks would be a good start, although I dont know anyone that has them on a 2.5i to my knowledge. I myself am waiting to go the coilover route. You might also want to look into the JDM Bilsteins fitting...but other than the 2-3 thousand dollar coilovers and the solutions mentioned above...not too mcuh out there. You could also try sway bars, endlinks, etc. Good luck with your car! I'm in the same "waiting for things for the 2.5i" boat as you...

the big difference and the difficult part about mods on the "i" is just on the power side of things.. but as far as suspension, exterior and interior stuff, it's all the same from the GT... heck, you can put on some Zeal coilovers if you want! ;) Keefe
Keefe

[size=2]Zeal...[drooling] THOSe would be nice...but yeah...if ya want power, it gets a little more complicated, but I must say, my expectations were low for my i after test driving the GT initially, it doesnt dissapoint me at all...not quick, but it beats the mommy mobile Camrys and Accords...the 4 cylinders that is...[/size]

[quote name='Xenonk']the big difference and the difficult part about mods on the "i" is just on the power side of things.. but as far as suspension, exterior and interior stuff, it's all the same from the GT... heck, you can put on some Zeal coilovers if you want! ;) Keefe[/QUOTE] That is good to know. I have other cars with power so I don't care how much this one has. I just want my 2.5i to handle a bit better.

The "i" has plenty of power for me. The GT is definitely quicker but with my commute, I would need a bigger tank or less lead in my right foot. :D As time goes on I have begun to get used to the car and have begun driving my favorite corrners, exits and straight-aways like I did with the Audi. Weather has been nice here in the DC area and traffic is not too bad. I would love to here from someone that has already done some suspension mods to their car to see the difference and hope that it won't cost a lot to get done. Any links to sites for info (in English please) on what's available? Is this car so new that parts for the older model won't fit or were there any performance parts in the US for the older model to begin with?

Most parts are new on the BL/BP chassis.. so the sway bars are different from the BH/BE bodies.. I am already running Zeals on my GT as well as Vacanza/Cusco Sway bars. You can change/change-to: Shocks/Struts Springs Coilovers Swaybars Endlinks Bushings Aluminum Control Arms Camber Plates Additional Camber Bolts Underbrace Bars Strut Tower Bars Trunk Base Bar Still looking for some rear lateral links and some kind of anti-lift kit for the BL/BP. All of the links I have are in Japanese, and some might have a sister-site in English.. I will post up the thread with all the parts you are looking for later. Keefe
Keefe

[url]www.blitz-na.com[/url] [url]www.perrinperformance.com[/url] [url]www.borla.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url] [url]www.avoworld.com[/url] [url]www.racecompengineering.com[/url] [url]www.kingofimports.com[/url] [url]www.vividracing.com[/url] [url]www.ingsusa.com[/url] [url]www.sclabo.com[/url] [url]www.freeway-dolphin.co.jp[/url] [url]www.ganador.co.jp[/url] [url]www.worksbell.co.jp[/url] [url]www.gialla.co.jp[/url] [url]www.calma.co.jp[/url] [url]www.prs.jp[/url] [url]www.zerosports.co.jp[/url] [url]www.jprova.co.jp[/url] [url]www.hipposleek.co.jp[/url] [url]www.tommykaira.com[/url] or [url]http://www.tommykaira.com/parts/b4/b4parts.htm[/url] [url]www.mines-wave.com[/url] [url]www.flatt-racing.com[/url] [url]www.fujitsubo.co.jp[/url] [url]www.sport-technic.jp[/url] [url]www.k2k2.jp[/url] [url]www.spiral-project.com[/url] [url]www.syms.jp[/url] [url]www.c-west.co.jp[/url] [url]www.webamuse.co.jp[/url] [url]www.cyber-sport.co.jp/legacy/aero_bp.html[/url] [url]www.kenstyle.co.jp[/url] (I dont think they have anything for Subaru yet..) [url]www.damd.co.jp[/url] (I dont think they have anything for Subaru yet..) [url]www.vary.co.jp[/url] (I dont think they have anything as well) [url]www.moderngarage.co.jp/html/f1.htm[/url] (they have older model legacy kits here) [url]www.chargespeed.com[/url] [url]www.gangs-jail.com[/url] [url]www.jps.co.jp[/url] [url]www.jin.ne.jp/win/new-top.htm[/url] [url]www.ab-flug.co.jp[/url] [url]www.trial.co.jp[/url] ( [url]http://www.trial.co.jp/osaka/original/tryaero/bl_bp5.htm[/url] ) [url]www.cusco.co.jp[/url] [url]www.tm-group.jp[/url] [url]http://www.jaos.co.jp/content/modules/prdctsinfo/content/index.php?id=2&mode=list&prdctgp=1650&hd=abw[/url] [url]http://www.datasystem.co.jp/catalog/aero/subaru/b4.html[/url] [url]www.car-promenade.co.jp/liberal[/url] [url]www.datasystem.co.jp/catalog/aero/subaru/legacy.html[/url] and of course OEM Subaru parts: [url]http://accessory.subaru.co.jp/legacy/aero/[/url] [url]http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4999[/url] Enjoy Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='Xenonk']the big difference and the difficult part about mods on the "i" is just on the power side of things.. but as far as suspension, exterior and interior stuff, it's all the same from the GT... heck, you can put on some Zeal coilovers if you want! ;) Keefe[/QUOTE] did someone say... [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v91/stillwill/Myles%20pics/Zeals%202/ygp84B5.jpg[/IMG] :lol: If you're not into coilovers...the STi Pink springs may be exactly what you and you're 2.5i are looking for. Lots of reviews in this forum on those. Give us a call if you have any questions. 944 turbo guy Myles Williams [url]www.racecompengineering.com[/url] [email]sales@racecompengineering.com[/email] Racecomp Engineering LLC. 9123 Old Annapolis Rd. Suite 103w Columbia, Maryland 21045 410-730-RACE 410-730-5503 FAX 410-707-0108 mobile

Keefe, you always seem to have all the info on things! Thanks much! Myles, I was checking the site and though I see coilovers listed for the WRX, I didn't notice (not that I looked a lot) any for the 2.5i. While I have heard coilovers are great stuff, I am not looking to spend that much for suspension upgrade. I don't race the car and while they are great items, I can't justify that much money right now. I would love some input from someone that have done this before and willing to take me for a ride to see the difference. I changed shocks and springs on the 99 Passat I had and the ride was great! Much improved over the factory setup with all the nose diving. The 02 A4 was a great setup and I loved the ride. I got the Subie to minimize the overall cost of running the car and hoped that modding it would not be as much as the German brands. I know the springs will lower the car but I am looking to give it a sporty feel without too much parts upgrade or slamming (that's what happened to the Passat, but the ride was awesome!) it to the ground. I am hopin a matched spring/shock set will do the job. Do you have anything like that, which won't end up costing me an arm and a leg?

there's many of degrees of modding that you can go with on this car as well. Right now, the major market is on coilovers (since it already comes with matching springs and shocks).. 90% will have adjustable shocks and others will have 2-way ride-height adjustability (a really nice feature to have). Some will have camber plates to compensate the lowered ride height to have the correct alignment. So you're not just paying for a better ride, but a lot of supposedly options that makes the car ride correctly. Keefe
Keefe

With the amount of miles I put on a car in a year, I usually end up changing the car anywhere from 30 - 36 months. I still end up modding them and then have to trade them with the mods as I always end up with something else even though I wanted to just get one of the same type. So, I am just going to do a few things to keep me happy and make the car handle better.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived