LegacyGT.com

Bilstein BTS and BSS kit for BP and BL now available

eavr4

Hello ALL 2005 LGT Owners

Attached is information which wld be of interest for those who intend to upgrade their suspension

Bilstein has launched a series of coilovers for our LGTs

pls refer to attached

EA

1756929215_BilsteinCoiloversforBPBL.gif.d3f3b98639e4b389fc8387688b74d871.gif

[quote name='Legacy05GT']For the BSS6023J(80mm drop) 241,500 YEN = $2,342.50 US..... ouch![/QUOTE] umm, it's not 80mm drop, that "80" you are reading is a spring rate.. 80 Newton/millimeter^2.... so in conversion factor, 80N/mm about 457 lbs/in [url]http://wwwrsphysse.anu.edu.au/~amh110/Technical_pages/coil_spring_rate_conversio.htm[/url] Keefe
Keefe

[quote name='Legacy05GT']For the BSS6023J(80mm drop) 241,500 YEN = $2,342.50 US..... ouch![/QUOTE] Erm....think you looking at RRP... Actual ordering price which I was quoted was S$2880 which would be abt US$1800 EA

[quote name='05USdmGTgUy']b4 are you the one with the hks luxury something or other.....if so is your car a sedan? I would be interested for the right $$$$ Mike...[/QUOTE] Yup! HKS Hipemaxx Pluses. I would let them go if I had a deffinate seller for the Bilstein set up to try. No need for me to change for anything less. But, I will accept an offer! :p B4

[quote name='Xenonk']You should just save yourself the trouble and get Zeals ;) Keefe[/QUOTE] But Keefe buddy... You already have the Zeals! We need to diversify! Plus..the Zeals are still like a small down payment on a mortgage compared to these and my Hipermaxes!:lol:

[quote name='Xenonk']Your Hipermax didnt have camber plates right? Well, one can go and get Zerosports, Syms, or any other coilover as well ;) Why get more Bilsteins when the GT-B already has a set on the Spec B? :p Keefe[/QUOTE] Your Vulcan logic is flawed science officer.. You are correct there are plenty of Bilstiens on spec B's already..but they are not Bilstien COILOVERS! :D

I wouldnt worry about the name behind the product, usually, reputation for a part is 3rd on my list.. I look for the performance aspect first, then versitility, then repuation, finally price. If the part doesnt do what I want it to do, I dont even bother of caring who it's made by. If the part isn't versitile (meaning it's not capable of doing at least a few multi-tasks or "a bonus feature" if you will), then I wont even consider looking at the price because most parts aren't worth the price that they are, even if it is at cost. This also puts the part to be no different than other parts (why pay something 2x as much if it does the same thing?). Keefe
Keefe

All things considered - those Bilstein "coilovers" are not terribly different from the HKS in terms of operation, and their retail price is very close to the Zeal retail price (here in Japan). Especially with the drop in value of the dollar, there is not a whole lot in there in price difference. But... B4_maniac, you are in for a lot of suspension switching if you don't know exactly what you are looking for. The HKS is really not a bad setup for street, and is fairly comfortable for what you get. Japanese roads are smooth, and the suspension setups out of Japan reflect that. I would wait till the OEM JDM 20mm rear bar arrives and try your ride with that first. Cheers, Paul Hansen [url]www.avoturboworld.com[/url] [url]www.apexjapan.com[/url]

I think the only difference with these coilovers [over the HKS LS+] is that it offers a lower ride height adjustment without preloading the springs too much [notice the help spring located below the main spring]. I dont think it's much more different than the HKS LS+ other than (from the pictures), the Bilsteins uses a smaller spring perch so that you can run larger wheels without a rubbing issue. Keefe
Keefe

Sorry guys..for some reason the forum didn't update me on this thread. Sorry for the late replay. Don't get me wrong..I am LOVE the HKS set up. I would like to try the Bilstien set up..but I am in no way shape or form pressed to get it. I am sorry for that confusion. If I had the oppurtunity to try it and compare, I woul love to. But that would require me to sell my exsisting set up. Sorry..no sponsership here :( .... But, that's all good. Sorry to give the impression that I was unhappy with the current suspension. On another note, the ride quality of the HKS's is amazeing. No arguement there.

Archived