LegacyGT.com

Would the 2008 outback grille fit?

onesillyracer

• 4 months later...
THAT IS A BIG FAT NEGATIVE! I aquired an 05-06 outback grille and it does not fit. it is like 1/4 inch too short on the sides. WTF SOA?????

What? The 07 and older grill does fit, I had it on my Legacy... It does require some creative tweaking, and the gaps in the bottom corners are about 1/8 inch, nobody ever noticed it on my car (besides myself of course).

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n41/tractorcrusher/rolling10.jpg

huh, that looks pretty good there tractorcrusher. I dont know if I saw the other posts on that or not. I heard people talking about it but never saw the pics.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Here's what I PM'd someone reguarding "Creative Tweaking" not too long ago:

The outback grill fit decently on my bumper, but not as well as the stock one did, obviously. I remember it being a bit of a pain to get to fit with the clips at the bottom, but eventually with some bending/tweaking it snapped in. I didn't have to make any modifications to the grill to get it to fit, but like I said it did take about 40 minutes to pop in so it'd sit nicely. I'd say keep trying, it definitely shouldn't be anymore inset than your stock one was. It'll be a little bit trickier to pop the hood afterwards, but you'll learn the technique to get your fingers in the right area and it'll come naturally to you after a while. There will be a couple of very small gaps in the bottom corners, but nobody ever noticed it besides me.

• 2 years later...

Archived