LegacyGT.com

Full stereo install w/custom sub and D3!

Whirling Dervish

Having now read the sticky faq, it looks like the answer is "no", unless there has been a major change to the 07 radio from the 05 radio. I'll like be targeting the JL Audio "clean sweep".

What method did you use to convert the speaker level outputs from the factory radio to your amps? What is the "upstage" ? Thanks.

Hey guys, sorry, didn't check yesterday and see a bunch of posts/questions...

1. Dave - Thanks! That was my primary concern with it, and luckily the installer found a way to get it all to work.
  2. Googalash - Thanks for the thread - I hadn't seen that one before.
  3. Blackops - I had no problems w/the factory pre-outs...Don't know that anyone else here has either. You're right, to leave the factory head unit as the source you would have to use either a Rockford Fosgate 3sixty, MTX RE-Q, or JL Cleansweep. All are nice units (you'll see a LOT of people loving the 3sixty and for good reason) and act essentially as line-output converters. Any of them will plug into the factory harness/pre-outs.
  4. Chris - The radio is now a dummy. It still has power running to it (so does the DCC, of course), it can still load CD's, but the outputs have been disconnected.
  5. Subiedude - No problem at all...Glad to give them a plug. The shop's website is http://clearstarmediagroup.com/. The best way to contact them is to call 215.333.1147 and speak to James. He's pretty familiar with the car now after having pretty much taken mine apart. :) They're located in NE Philly RIGHT over the Tacony-Palmyra bridge. And the best part of the drive is getting to pass FC Kerbeck's Lambo/Aston Martin/Bentley dealership. Where towards the shore are you?

Thanks for the prompt detailed response. I live just south of Toms River. Do you have any idea if I would be able to use the Subaru factory Sub with that radio?

Good question...I've never dealt with the factory sub, not sure what kind of connection it uses. I'll find out tomorrow from my source and will post back if no one else reading knows...

Archived