LegacyGT.com

Intake, Header, Exhaust on N/A Legacy

frostbite3360

About a month ago I had all this installed on my 2005 2.5i. The Borla header was actually designed for an older WRX, I think a 2001-2002 model. But it fit on perfect. The catalytic converter was made by Random Technology, and also matched with the header perfectly. I had Meineke run 2.5 inch pipe from the catalytic converter to the muffler on the drivers side, and replaced the stock muffler with a flowmaster. No more needless dual exhaust. No more resonator either.

Overall, the sound is very aggressive, its unmistakably a Boxer sound. However, I'm getting some pretty annoying rattling. It doesn't get as loud sometimes as it does others, but it's pretty much there all the time. Is it because I havn't had my car tuned since all this, or is it the muffler's fault, or could it be a rock? I'll try and post a sound clip later so someone who knows what to listen for can hear it better. But any help would be appreciated.

heat shields maybe?

+1 easy way to check give your piping a good thump with your hand and listen... if you hear heat shield hit the piping, there's a rattle also, it could be your muffler tapping on the body metal. If your heatshield is causing the rattle, jack your car up, get a breaker bar, and flex heat shield out of the way, or you can cut it out of the way.... good luck

Archived