LegacyGT.com

Question with Perrin DP

I Cant Drive 55

I'm just about ready to order my pipes. I found a 1 piece Perrin catted DP for $539, or I can get the two piece for $618. Is there any reason why I should choose one over the other, aside from saving $79? I'd match it with a Perrin UP.

If anyone is aware of sales going on please let me know. I'm trying to find them as well...

I'm running the 1pc Perrin catted DP and it trips a CEL (cat efficiency) and also the physical dimensions are a bit off - the DP isn't bent enough and is touching the firewall and the outlet is offset about 2" from where it should be. I am not impressed and would not buy one again. AFAIK the 1pc has been discontinued, JSCSpeed was clearing them out a while back for a lot less than $539.
Kyle "BlackHole"

MadScientist, do you have exhaust smell in your cabin with the catted dp on, i have a perrin catless dp and I have bad exhaust smell in my cabin at times. I'm looking to get rid of it by going with a catted dp? My perrin pipe also rest against the firewall at the top. Aside from fitment how do you like the dp?

IMO, if you have an exhaust smell in your cabin then you have an exhaust leak that should be fixed, the cat has nothing to do with it.

Aside from fitment issues, I can't say how well this DP performs since I haven't had any time to tune. It certainly is pretty and I love the colors of cooked stainless. :)

Kyle "BlackHole"

IMO, if you have an exhaust smell in your cabin then you have an exhaust leak that should be fixed, the cat has nothing to do with it.

Aside from fitment issues, I can't say how well this DP performs since I haven't had any time to tune. It certainly is pretty and I love the colors of cooked stainless. :)

Any smell is what i'm concerned with? I've checked all my connections twice, I used all new gaskets, no loose bolts on any of the connections, its not a leak. I've done some reading in other threads and found that exhaust fumes can come through the air vents in the trunk and stink up the cabin, my whole rationale, is will a catted down pipe minimize the smell or should i get protuned to try and get my a/f mixture more lean in hopes that I won't smell the fumes from possibly running rich. I normally don't smell a thing, but a couple weeks ago I had got a little bit of a headache from the exhaust fumes after a long drive causing concern for me to try and resolve this issue. Anyone who has an a catted dp do you have exhaust cabin smell?

IMO any smell means you have a leak. Fumes should never come into the cabin. Even "clean" exhaust fumes will kill you.

Like I already said, I've done two leak down tests, there are no leaks, I can never smell any exhaust under the hood when its popped and the car is running. The smell is coming from my trunk, which after searching "catless exhaust smell" some people have minimal smell and some have major smell, its often amplified with front windows being down because it creats vacume for the smell in the trunk to get sucked out, a lot of catless people end up going catted it appears because of smell issues. I am planning on getting a catted downpipe to remedy the smell.

Archived