LegacyGT.com

XO2 help please...

fatbastard

I know I have seen it here somewhere and I am trying to find it but just need to get this done sisnce I am at my sisters. Can anyone confirm the direction of the mid pipe? I have tried it all four ways and nothing seems to be really fitting right. I know this system has some fitment issues and I probably just have to pull on it but I just want to make sure I have it teh right way. So if anyone can confirm if the resonator is partially under the heat shield for the stock resonator or completely behind it that would help a ton.

Well it fits both ways it seems but I think I got it the right way based on some pictures I saw here...it had the best alignment of flanges. The other way it would go together but would probably leak. I'll probably mess around with the alignment later.

Well now that I am home I noticed a few things that make me think I need to go back and redo this. I thought I remembered reading somewhere to reuse the donut gasket unless I am running and aftermarket DP. Well I did that but it seems like the cans are too far back and the drivers side can has a overly stretched hanger as seen in the pic below. At the time it made sense since the cat flange didn't have much meat to seal well with the flat flange but after searching around here I have found pics of people doing both...so which one its right? I am thinking I should go back and remove that donut and pull the whole thing back a 1/4".

Img_0685_small.jpg.a4e915a1b0bd7c15af3d635c5ac57125.jpg

Img_0686_small.jpg.ea35780772bd8724a2226b3dc6280c5c.jpg

Img_0687_small.jpg.4f029c48b96dda5aad73699bd5b52201.jpg

Img_0688_small.jpg.f4bef30d60058d4d94183b1406239f53.jpg

Img_0689_small.jpg.825b3c08056029015a39cd39b476a845.jpg

Img_0690_small.jpg.dfd8a7acf4ac30a8f438eab7d859bf5e.jpg

Here is one that looks like they removed the donut:

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39754&d=1184005278

Here is one where the donut is still there:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y49/gone2vegas/DSC_0009_800.jpg

So Which one is right?

I knew the rear overhang was longer on the wagon so I was expecting that...and based off of the other installs I expected the tips to be off a little but it just seems like there is more interference thatn I expected. I'll have to take some more pictures in teh day....by the time I get home it is too dark to really see what is going on.

Also...did anyone notice a slight burning smell? Nothing bad but it defiantely smells like it may be too close to soemthing or maybe there was soemthing on or in the pipes that is just burning off?

Yeah that is what I figured...just wasn't sure since it is so close to the heat sheilds and such. By the way is anyone elses cans this close to teh body? They don't actually touch but from some angles they do look close.

That will probably be a rattle, but you can always get a bar and flex heat shield out of the way, or get your cutting wheel out and cut some of the heat shield out of the way so there is no rattles, most aftermarket exhaust will require this because the fitment isn't consistent.

Yeah that is what I figured...just wasn't sure since it is so close to the heat sheilds and such. By the way is anyone elses cans this close to teh body? They don't actually touch but from some angles they do look close.

Mine is that close. In fact, it rattles if I jolt the car when it is cold. For some reason, it goes away when the exhaust gets hot. Expansion must move it away just ever so slightly.

If you look underneath, and just thump your exhaust piping with your hand, listen, anywhere the heat shield makes contact with the exhaust will cause a rattle. It took me a couple of weeks to located and fix the few rattles I had after putting on my exhaust.

That will probably be a rattle, but you can always get a bar and flex heat shield out of the way, or get your cutting wheel out and cut some of the heat shield out of the way so there is no rattles, most aftermarket exhaust will require this because the fitment isn't consistent.

Well so far I don't have any rattles and that isn't a heat sheild in the pic that is the sheet metal in the cargo area. That pic shows teh gap or lack there of between the end of the can and the body of the car. Part of the reason I was asking if I should use the flat gasket since that would pull the whole thing back about a 1/4".

Mickeyd2005...did you use the donut gasket or the flat gasket on the DP flange?

Whoops, I couldn't tell what I was looking at from the pic, till you explained.:redface: I had to cut just a little bit of body also so my tip on my left muffler wouldn't tap against the body metal. I just cut a half circle parallel to the tip, afterwards no more rattle there, not even when I back out of my drive on to the street.

Well so far I haven't heard any rattles and I have a few speed bumps I have to go over so I am hoping I am OK there. Just trying to get used to teh sound level. I tried to do a video with my camera before and after inside the car and the stock actually seems louder so that methos is teh suck. I think I do feel a little difference in power but it could also just be the colder temps here recently...hoping to do the up/dp soon then I'll flash to Stage 2.

Oh did anyone else notice their mpg's go down with a cat back? Mine has dropped about 10% and I am not driving any different than before. Just seems counter intuitive....reduce restriction and it becomes less efficient.

Archived