LegacyGT.com

fan raving too high

Just trying to find out if I'm the only one with high raving fan. I have a 05 LGT and took it in to the deal the other day and they told me that everything was ok. But it seems like it's making too much of noise. I don't know that there's a recall on the fan but that has been fixed as well. Love the car nonetheless.

Just trying to find out if I'm the only one with high raving fan. I have a 05 LGT and took it in to the deal the other day and they told me that everything was ok. But it seems like it's making too much of noise. I don't know that there's a recall on the fan but that has been fixed as well. Love the car nonetheless.

I'm guessing you meant your cooling fan is staying on. It happens only on the 05s. If the ecu has a bad cooling fan relay and it needs to be replaced, along with the relay. You will know if it is malfunctioning, because your cooling fan will stay on all the time, pretty much from the time you put your key in the on position you would be able to hear it. At least that is how mine was, seach 'cooling fan relay' and you will find your answers that I think you are looking for if that wasn't enough. It has really loud and annoying sound when the fan is on. Good luck;)

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source

rav·ing http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/premium.gifhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pnghttp://cache.lexico.com/g/d/speaker.gif/ˈreɪhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngvɪŋ/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rey-ving]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation–adjective 1.talking wildly; delirious; frenzied: a raving maniac. 2.Informal. extraordinary or remarkable: a raving beauty. –adverb 3.furiously or wildly: a remark that made me raving mad. –noun 4.Usually, ravings. a.irrational, incoherent talk: Putting him in a straitjacket did not stop his ravings. b.wildly extravagant or outrageous talk; bombast.

[Origin: 1400–50; late ME; see rave, -ing2, -ing1http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png]

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source rev http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/premium.gifhttp://cache.lexico.com/g/d/speaker.gif (rěv) Pronunciation Key

n. A revolution, as of a motor.

v. revved, rev·ving, revs

v. tr.

1. To increase the speed of (a motor, for example): revved the engine.
    2. To accelerate or increase: orders to rev up factory output.

[*]To make livelier or more productive: revving ourselves up for the game; efforts to rev the economy.

v. intr.

1. To operate at an increased speed: heard the motors revving.
  2. To accelerate in quantity or activity.

Just trying to find out if I'm the only one with high raving fan.

no, there is a recall on the fan relay

I have a 05 LGT and took it in to the deal the other day and they told me that everything was ok.

then what the question?

But it seems like it's making too much of noise.

recall on fan relay

I don't know that there's a recall on the fan but that has been fixed as well.

the fan is fine. the relay is no good along with the ecu. but is your fan reving or not? constant fan = problem. fan raves = :confused:

Love the car nonetheless.

i love mine to:wub:

he said he didnt know about it. how can he then know its fixed? i dont think he knows what he is talking about and needs to use spell check and the search function

he said he didnt know about it. how can he then know its fixed? i dont think he knows what he is talking about and needs to use spell check and the search function

Maybe he meant to say raving, it would be the first case of a raving fan on a legacy... Who knows maybe he meant he thought his cooling fan is in to techno music.. and that bothers him because he likes country.:lol:

I'm guessing you meant your cooling fan is staying on. It happens only on the 05s. If the ecu has a bad cooling fan relay and it needs to be replaced, along with the relay. You will know if it is malfunctioning, because your cooling fan will stay on all the time, pretty much from the time you put your key in the on position you would be able to hear it. At least that is how mine was, seach 'cooling fan relay' and you will find your answers that I think you are looking for if that wasn't enough. It has really loud and annoying sound when the fan is on. Good luck;)

The TSB addressing the fan relay problem also included some 06 VIN's.

Just for further clarification, faulty fan relays (not all of them failed but it was probably only a matter of time) damages the ECU which then seems to go into a default mode where the aux fan stays on all the time. If the fan stays on constantly, it means the ECU is toast and needs to be replaced.

Maybe he meant to say raving, it would be the first case of a raving fan on a legacy... Who knows maybe he meant he thought his cooling fan is in to techno music.. and that bothers him because he likes country.:lol:

oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz

oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz oontz

Damn this Fan, can't stop dancing!:p

The fan is supposed to go high speed in situations where the cooling load is extreme (warm weather, AC running, etc...). If it stays on high speed for more than a few minutes, you probably have a faulty cooling fan relay that has caused damage to the ECU which, in turn, causes the fans to stay on high-speed until the car is turned off and restarted.

If this is the case, both the relay and ECU should be replaced.

In order to replicate for the dealer, try starting the car with the AC turned on. Make sure the AC is on before you start it. If everything is working properly, you'll hear the fans cycle on high-speed for a few seconds and then turn off. If your ECU/relay is defective, the fans will come on high speed and will not turn off until you turn the car off, no matter what the current operating temperature is...

Try a forum search of the "Warranty" section for more information.

Archived