LegacyGT.com

Question: Mounting a boost gauge on the windshied?

i bought a prosport premium amber/white boost gauge today, and i asked around and it comes with a mounting cup, that has like a flat 2inch by 2 inch flat surface, so that brings up the dredded where to mount question, and the way i sit and drive it cant mount anywhere but on the direct center of the steering wheel right by the parking light switch....or some where near where the avo gauge mount it. but i dont want to buy an avo mount, i dont liek how it looks, so i was wondering, do you think heavy duty double sided tape would work if i attached the gauge pod to the windshieldright by the registration?

if not its gunna be double sided to the plastic riht by that corner

• 3 years later...

Mine is mounted on the steering column to the left of the parking light switch. Its held on by a two step epoxy, but its only a $10-15 to replace when I get ready to move on.

What makes the windshield the only place to mount it?

It's cool; I'm with the band

i bot the 10 dollar pod as well...it swivels 360 and can route the wiring through the base. im thinking about mounting it in the back of the cubby closest to the driverside and turning it slightly towards myself or wherever. OP how do u like the amber/white? thats what i got too

Archived