LegacyGT.com

Dummy Buttons

EquinnoxX

To the left of my steering wheel is a set of buttons. Power mirrors, interior dimmer, traction control, something for the wipers (defrost maybe?), etc. There is a spot in the middle of the wiper button and traction control for a button but there isnt one there.

What other option goes there? I didnt really see any other option that i could have gotten with my car that would fill that spot. Is it possibly a JDM option that we don't have?

seems like in the jdm market they have something like headlight height adjustment there. I saw a pic of it a while back and my envy of the fact that SOA thinks we dont deserve ANY COOL THINGS except the car itself (which is almost cool enough) made me remeber it. maybe someone can chime in and re-itereate that, but I rember this coming up before.

I thought it;d be cool to use those buttons for other things, especially when I was doing my carputer project but I got discouraged by myself on trying to find a way to get the buttons and then them being labeled something weird like a mirror with heat waves coming off it or something to turn a computer on lol.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Here you go (pic to verify what has been said):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/g8rauctioner/Subaru/PA020041.jpg

The blank on the left would be your Wiper De-Icer and the blank on the right would be the VDC off button.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

^^ thx thats perfect. Anyone know where to source the button in the pic?? or would it just be easier to dremmel out the dummy button and use that?

Its not so easy to just dremel it out. All 3 switches are part of 1 bank of switchgear.

You are better off using the spot for the headlight adjustment rotary switch, just to the right of the mirror controller.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." - T. Jefferson

Yea i realized that when i took it apart the other day. That other switch would work. Is there any place that sells it, or is there a part # perhaps?

I pretty sure it is only available on cars with HIDs, and therefore, the part would probably only be available in every market except North America.

I (FW really) did some fine dermal work and installed a $1.99 toggle switch from Radio Shack in there as a kill switch for the radar detector. Fit perfict and was a low profile :)

I wanted to do this but he wouldn't let me :(

http://ravenwingperformance.net/Lighting_Electrical/F-Tec_Kill-Switch_Covered-Toggle_Red.JPG

I wanted to do this but he wouldn't let me :(

http://ravenwingperformance.net/Lighting_Electrical/F-Tec_Kill-Switch_Covered-Toggle_Red.JPG

:lol::lol::lol:

Its not that I didn't want to, but we couldn't find it in a JDM titanium matte grey version.

ignore him, he'll go away.

I want power folding mirrors, if for nothing more than to flap them at people as I'm driving down the road.

Sounds safe :lol:

Sweet Avatar Rich BTW What do you think about shipping the seats? Should I bother getting quotes?

Archived