LegacyGT.com

Brakes....Moving front to back is it possible???

f85stealth

I am looking at getting a BBK for the front of my leggy only. So i was wondering if it was possible to take the factory front rotor and caliper and move it to the rear...? I just dont quite have the money for the rear set of the BBK so just wonderin if this was an option?

just leave the rear stockers where they are. keep it simple.

your braking is not goign to be out of whack.

the vast majority of the brakign is done by the fronts (which is why they're much larger) anyway so... just leave the rears where they are.

car for sale. PM me!

Assuming you get a front BBK with cummulative piston area similar to stock, I would venture that it would throw your passive f/r brake bias seriously off. (not something I would try). I do not know what EBFD will do either.

I am looking at getting a BBK for the front of my leggy only. So i was wondering if it was possible to take the factory front rotor and caliper and move it to the rear...? I just dont quite have the money for the rear set of the BBK so just wonderin if this was an option?

Assuming you get a front BBK with cummulative piston area similar to stock, I would venture that it would throw your passive f/r brake bias seriously off. (not something I would try). I do not know what EBFD will do either.

yeah i dono bout that

thats what i was gonna do worse comes to worse

just leave as is. function before form.

sentra se-r spec V's only have brembos in the front.

there are plenty other things/problems worth your time and effort.

your stock rears will be fine. you wont fishtail off a cliff using your stockers. if it was truly bad nobody would sell just the front brembo set by itself. it would come as a set.

car for sale. PM me!

also, remember that a BBK's biggest advantage over regular brakes isnt the clamping power. it's the ability to keep going when it gets hot (more mass = more heat dissipation).

many people say they can see a reduction in stopping distance but it's not much. the ability to resist fade is much much better.

so you shouldnt be AS worried about brake bias as you think. plus, the fronts handle the vast majority of the braking anyway. so maybe (pulling numbers out of my ass, but you understand the point) you go from 80/20 to maybe 82/18. not a big deal.

car for sale. PM me!

I dono if i stated in the thread or not but i am NOT looking to improve braking power. Its just a bonus for me. All I am looking to do is add some bling to my wheels. When i get new pads with these rortors im going to look for ones that give off the least amount of dust. Why you may ask cause dust is ugly and im not looking to improve braking power. After all said and done no matter what i do it shouldnt be worse then the factory braking power which i am more then happy with. So my intitial thread question was just becuase of a looks thing. Having a closer in size caliper and rotor to the front bbk would just look a lil nicer....thats all...but thanks everyone i now know it cant be done.

Archived