LegacyGT.com

SLC Legacy Meet Round 3

Hops

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will have to try Mark Miller's place because Doug Smith sucks. I told them about some surge issues I was having in third and fourth gear between 2300-3000 rpm and the first question he had was whether or not it had aftermarket modifications. He made it sound like he would automatically blame the mods if there was a problem

I will have to try Mark Miller's place because Doug Smith sucks. I told them about some surge issues I was having in third and fourth gear between 2300-3000 rpm and the first question he had was whether or not it had aftermarket modifications. He made it sound like he would automatically blame the mods if there was a problem

Where are you located? I don't think I've even heard of Doug Smith.

I am going to school up here (much cheaper than UT Austin). I lived in Southlake, Texas (Dallas/Fort Worth area).

Doug Smith is located in good ol' happy valley in Alpine, exit 278 I believe, and unfortunately is the closest one to Provo.

Another quick question. How do the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires do in light snow? Big O tires told me to keep them on and not waste time with a good set of all seasons, but as summer tires I am sure they would suck pretty bad. I would love winter tires, but can't afford chucking out the dough for new wheels and tires.

I am going to school up here (much cheaper than UT Austin). I lived in Southlake, Texas (Dallas/Fort Worth area).

Doug Smith is located in good ol' happy valley in Alpine, exit 278 I believe, and unfortunately is the closest one to Provo.

Another quick question. How do the Bridgestone Potenza RE050A tires do in light snow? Big O tires told me to keep them on and not waste time with a good set of all seasons, but as summer tires I am sure they would suck pretty bad. I would love winter tires, but can't afford chucking out the dough for new wheels and tires.

Oh yeah, I have seen that dealership. Where are you going to school? Welcome to Utah! You'll have to come cruise with us sometime.

Our stock tires do great in the snow... Even deep snow. With our Symmetrical AWD I don't even think the tires matter too much; our cars are very easy to control. My Potenza's are now on my girlfriend's Baja Turbo so we'll see how she does this season. I was quite happy with them last year.

Yeah, definitely go with a good all-season. I'd sell ya my stock 15" Outback wheels (they have new all-season rubber) for cheap, but that may look a bit off... I'd go to Discount Tire or Costco. Discount will match anybody's price and I've generally been very happy with them. I went to Costco for tires last night (I put Baja wheels on my Outback) and they had a good selection and great prices, too.

Costco carries crap (as in super-expensive) for the oddball specb tire size. I think in a month I will just ditch the summers for some mildly aggressive all seasons. As long as I go a little wider from 215s to 225s the tire prices fall drastically.

I am going to BYU, but dont worry I am not the typical uptight BYU kid. I am definitely down for some cruisin. I was up at fifth water springs Saturday with a chick and didnt notice ya'll had a get together or I would have been there for sure.

So if I put my present uppipe and downpipe on I could get some good service at Mark Millers without them blaming my exhaust mods for everything that goes wrong?

:lol::lol::lol: I know the 15's won't fit, I was just being a smart ass! It would look ridiculous anyways.

You a skiier? I'll be throwing some parties in Park City this season and I'd like to get the Legacy guys up there as well.

If you have an aftermarket uppipe, don't worry about swapping it out... All they really care about is the downpipe. The uppipe is a pain in the ass to change out and you can't really see it anyways. I've swapped my downpipe so many times I think I got it down to about a half hour job now!

I'm sure you could buy somebody's stock LGT wheels with decent RE92s to make it through the season. You could just do it yourself instead of having to swap the tires on the same rims. My girlfriend threw mine on her Baja so I'm not getting them back but maybe Euclid still has his? We're the only Legacys (other than Christian from Cobb) that I've seen with custom wheels here.

Let us know next time you plan on coming up, it would be cool to get together again, especially since you're the only Spec B that I know of.

I am a skiier, have been for 14 years, but am debating trying some snowboarding this season (girls get you to do dumb stuff). Consider me there the next time yall do a meet. I like the idea of getting some stock LGT wheels with decent RE92s. Ill check nasioc, thanks bro

Archived