LegacyGT.com

Had to beat a horse tonight

driving home from the grocery store tonight, i ended up at a red light, when, lo and behold, i look to my left and there's a "tough guy" with his left hand on the wheel, bobbing his head and giving me the stink eye. i look at the car, and it's a green Mustang, looks like the newest body style (not the 05). so i'm thinking, okay, why not... i smile, nod politely, and he revs at me. so i point in front of me, it's on. light turns green, i fcukin' SMOKE his ass, got him by about 1/2 a block to the next light (roughly 6-7 blocks away). he pulls up, mean muggin' again, but this time just looking straight ahead, NOT looking at me. i look over at him and throw the "O" sign. he revs again. light turns green, he takes off. it's a GT. i drive politely up to him at the next light, he rolls down his window and says, "see that? you didn't even stand a chance when i launched right". then he stares at me for a coupl'a seconds with a dumb ass smile on his face. i said "you're a tool, man". he nodded (maybe he didn't get it?) and took off at the light again. i turned off the street to go home. LGT:1 Mustang GT:0

yah, that thought for a title crossed my mind, but it wasn't really "dead" (rusted out 5.0 that are oh so common here) so i stuck with the current title, but it still did it's job by making you associate that phrase with the thread. the guy was a total douche.

i cant stand stangs/fox-bodys-04s but you have to give them this they have always been the "cheepest" cars in the world to make fast...i dont think there is an other car you could get to run in the 9s with so few mods...i will say i am diggin the 05 though, meanist looking american car in its price range, if you ask me...GM really needs a new F-body

Back in the day the real men who bought and built their cas drove F or G-bodies, while the sissies whose parents bought their cars had 5.0s. They used to try to taunt me in my 73 HP Subaru GL (though I still destroyed a few when a corner came up), but it was fun to watch them disappear or look away when my friend dropped a gear in his big block Chevelle near their hang outs. Steve

haha ^ so true...my other car is a built up 86ss (Black of course) and i eat most stangs for breakfast but it cost me close to twice as much for parts then my race budies, not to mention the rust problem...the price you pay for that character and stile, would not trade it for anything but i wish GM had the foursight to galvanize the bodies like Ford in the 80s

Archived