LegacyGT.com

Stay away from Cowboy Subaru Jackson Wyoming

Hello all,

First off I love subarus

I went on a quest to find a used 05 manual non limited wagon.

Found one within a 5 hour drive of my house.

17,000 miles for 18 grand.

They said the car was in perfect shape.

So I rent a car and show up and the first thing I see are scratches on several panels which I can live with.

I ask for the car fax they said they would have ready and bam thay are locked out of the system.

There is the recall for the fan that was open and incomplete and the shift knob just spins around.

So I can deal with these items and the car looks clean.

So i drive her home and afterI clean the windshield I decide to check the oil

The tinted window are also scratched to heak.

BONE DRY

So I run up and get a quart and check it and it is at the bottem of the low end and is as black as crude oil.

I call the dealer and they said bring it back and we will take care of it.

Those guys suck so bad.

FYI stay away from those cowboys

First off the car was full of dirty oil and short 2 quarts.

Second the description vs the real look were quite a bit different.

Third they did not fix a recall item after knowing of it months before.

Forth they did not get the car fax like promised..

Update

Kevin S at Subaru customer service rocks.

He spoke to the dealer owner and he personally called me and offered to buy the car back and would pick it up 5 hours away.

He also offered to a huge, sincere apology for his dealership and offered to get the oil changed and the car fully inspected.

That is stepping up and now I must eat crow and re- title the thread Cowboy subaru cowboys up big time.

Thanks to a few people with their constructive advice.

i know when i drove 4 hours to look at the used one that i bought i took white paper towels with me to check each of the fluids. About two paper towels for each of the fluids. i made sure i checked them and looked for shavings and all.

I checked the engine before i even looked at the body

The only thing i didnt check was the CV joints and i should have. ended up having to get a whole new 1/2 shaft out of the deal. But the dealership paid for it so i cant complain. Should have checked that before you left. Everyone knows that dealerships will screw you over thats why you have to have your game face on when you check something out.

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

First off the car was full of dirty oil and short 2 quarts.

This could have been discovered easily with a cursory glance at the fluids.

Second the description vs the real look were quite a bit different.

A dealer lied!? Stop the presses!

Third they did not fix a recall item after knowing of it months before.

This is pretty standard. If their is no owner to get the notification and bring in the car this can easily get overlooked. Once again, something a savy buyer can check out on their own.

Forth they did not get the car fax like promised..

(See above.) You can get these yourself and I wouldn't even expect a dealer to provide it.

Update

Kevin S at Subaru customer service rocks.

He spoke to the dealer owner and he personally called me and offered to buy the car back and would pick it up 5 hours away.

He also offered to a huge, sincere apology for his dealership and offered to get the oil changed and the car fully inspected.

That is stepping up and now I must eat crow and re- title the thread Cowboy subaru cowboys up big time.

Thanks to a few people with their constructive advice.

Nice to see a dealer step up for once, although they wouldn't have to unless their was a warranty. *Reads back through the thread* Who gave you constructive advice?... or even ANY advice?:confused:

I am no fan of car dealers, but next time wait until the dust has settled before draging their name through the mud.

This is a perfect example of what I'm always harping about - grown "men", whining on here like a hen full of chickens instead of tackling the issue straight on by directly contacting the dealer. Then, tell them if they don't help resolve the problem, that you're not afraid to blog. It's that simple!

Archived