LegacyGT.com

Where to find used LGTs

I've been looking for used, 5MT LGTs for several months now but have had little luck finding them. I always look on craigslist and autotrader and pass by the dealerships every so often but I only found one that was exactly what I was looking for, but it was at a Mitsubishi dealership, and someone bought it already.

Where do you guys find them? Or does anyone wanna trade theirs in? I don't understand... I do find a few LGTs here and there, but they all are automatic or don't meet my criteria.

My criteria is pretty simple.... I like all the colors... white, black, atlantic blue/newport blue (probably my fave), silver is ok too, I even like garnet red. But the only thing I want is for it to be an LGT, 5-speed and have black interior, I don't even care if its a limited. I actually would prefer cloth seats. And of course the obvious, can't be salvage/in a collision, and can't have high mileage i.e. >15,000 miles/year. Am I being unreasonable here?

Really, are 05-07 5MT LGTs that rare or something? Or are you selfish bastards not letting go of them? :lol: I even looked at 5MT wagons and they are rare too. They're supposed to be more rare than the sedans, but I've actually seen more wagons than sedans that met my criteria.

I got mine from a fleet wholesaler, sometimes when you read through the list of cars they have on their wholesale lots you find some beautiful gems. My '07 had 2000-ish miles on it and none of their fleet clients wanted a single Subaru Legacy, so they really wanted to get rid of it.

This is the Canadian site I found mine, I don't know why anyone from the U.S. would buy a car in Canada but the website serves as an example of placed you may want to look.

http://www.jimpleasesecure.com/fleetdisposal.jpln

I am in the same boat as you, but I will probably wait until next year to buy one. Hopefully, I will be able to buy a black '05 LGT Limited for close to $15,000. I have seen a ton on autotrader.com for $17,000-$20,000. If you live near Boone, NC you should look there. I visited my friend up there, and saw more Subaru's than people!!!

They're nearly impossible to fin used because they kick so much ass that no one wnats to get rid of them.....It's good to hear you are willing to sacrifice and even drive a Silver BSM....
Rehab is for quitters.

You shouldn't have too much of a problem finding an LGT with your criteria... unless your budget is like $15,000 or something.

I spent the last 4 months looking for an LGT but I was looking specifically for an SWP 06 or 07 sedan with 5spd. I eventually ended up buying a new one because the used ones weren't that much cheaper.

Just keep an eye on cars.com, autotrader.com and Craigslist. Check them daily (especially autotrader) because they can change quickly.

Hell yea. Ahh the drive home was deff sweet

Not as sweet as it could have been, found out a couple weeks later that a vac line was in the wrong spot so I was only running 9psi. Compaired to the 06 N/A Sedan I traded in the 9psi still felt quick lol

that's what i call dedication:)

I wanted one in 06, but ended up with the n/a sedan b.c they didnt make the 5MT wagon anymore. Eleven months later I said screw it, I will bite the bullet and buy a used 05 and get what I really wanted. Now the hubby is looking for an 05 5MT sedan or wagon to match lol.

Amy

04 FXT vf39 5mt

Archived