LegacyGT.com

Place to buy parts in Hong Kong?

bman

I'm headed to Hong Kong in a few months and wanted to know if anyone knew of a good place to pick up some LGT pieces: eyelines, lights, etc. Basically, anything I can fit into my suitcase...along with my clothes. :D

Thanks

Theres a pretty big shop named Top Speed (iirc). They have some pretty sick cars, make sure you go to the main shop where they have a showroom. Since youll be there for a while, you could probably order some pretty sick JDM parts.

Where's Top Speed located? If you go to a smaller store, make sure you speak perfect Cantonese or they'll rip you off. If you speak English, they'll rip you off big time because over there they think all English speakers are rich. I wonder where the HK tuners usually shop.

Sure, why not? Its the local cuisine. I was offered more than once when I was there.

are you sure that wasn't the Mainland? HK was a British colony for over 100 years, it was pretty Westernized last time I was there. ;)

back to topic, any stores we MUST visit when traveling to HK?

DiscoWagon, thanks for the reference. I'll see if I can find a street for Top Speed.

I need addresses people! I can imagine myself now wondering around Kowloon asking random people, "Do you know where I can buy car parts?" :lol: I'll already get funny looks wearing shorts in October!

goBlue your *absolutely* right. My Cantonese is rough and I bought a video camera a couple of years ago right in TST and I was ripped off big time. Example: all of the instructions were in Japanese!

poopy, I don't plan on eating dog but, my brother did take a train into China (yeah, I know HK is China now....) and my dad played a joke on him at dinner and they had dog. :eek: Oh well... Yes, my brother is still alive.

...back to the point addresses (or at least store names!) :p

erm, can't really remember if there is a shop name called Top Speed in HK, but for sure Top Racing is definately in hk. i think there's one in Kowloon bay. monkok should be the place to go as someone mentioned above. there's also a shop called SPS in HK. they are like a sort of must visit for being the shop with the most and are notorious for importing many exotica into HK including:

Mclaren F1

Pagani Zonda F, and possibly C12 S

Porsche Carerra GT1 Race Car

F430 GT

CLK DTM and GTR

If you are lucky, you might see S14 with S15 headlights, RX7 with CF hood, C-west front bumper + GT spoiler, Tuned Supras, TONES of Skyline 25GT/GTT/GTS...these are the JDM rides. european rides you will see them anywhere like Merc S/E class, Beemer M5 if lucky, tones of M3s and M3 wannabes.

Top Racing HK website: (unfortunately in chinese)

http://www.topracing.com.hk/html/front/index.html

SPS automotive HK website: (in english)

http://www.sps-automotive.com/en_sps/sps_main.htm

and you can't eat dog in HK. it's illegal - should be. but if you go to china, you will find the shops.

DiscoWagon, thanks for the reference. I'll see if I can find a street for Top Speed.

I need addresses people! I can imagine myself now wondering around Kowloon asking random people, "Do you know where I can buy car parts?" :lol: I'll already get funny looks wearing shorts in October!

goBlue your *absolutely* right. My Cantonese is rough and I bought a video camera a couple of years ago right in TST and I was ripped off big time. Example: all of the instructions were in Japanese!

poopy, I don't plan on eating dog but, my brother did take a train into China (yeah, I know HK is China now....) and my dad played a joke on him at dinner and they had dog. :eek: Oh well... Yes, my brother is still alive.

...back to the point addresses (or at least store names!) :p

hahahaha....your bro must've been pretty pissed at your dad! - i guess.

it's ok to wear shorts in october, cause hk's climate is much hotter now. we still get winter, but just not as cold as before. if i manage to get some time, i might be able to bring you there, but i will suck at negotiating with the people at the tuner shops cause i've never been to such places. i think i'll try translate the Top racing kowloon bay shop address for you later.

bman: My suggestion to you is to go to a convenient store, pickup an HK issue of Option Magazine. Look at the ads and find the shops that you want to go, show the taxi driver the address and BAM! That's what I did last summer and I found a ton of shops, Top Speed was just one of the better shops with items in stock since I was there for only a week and couldnt special order anything. I don't know about getting ripped off for the poor execution of the Chinese language but I've always had people accompanying me. But then again, I consider my Mandarin pretty decent for being an ABC (American Born Chinese for those of you who don't know). Good luck in your findings and maybe you can bring me some parts back! ;)

I'm headed to Hong Kong in a few months and wanted to know if anyone knew of a good place to pick up some LGT pieces: eyelines, lights, etc. Basically, anything I can fit into my suitcase...along with my clothes. :D

Thanks

try to go GT SPORT and CRAZY RACING

CRAZY RACING ( 99B/ G/F.,HAK PO STREET, MONGKOK, KOWLOON ) TEL 23947602

OR 23956184 . WEB: www.CRAZY-R.COM.HK

LOONG WAH MOTORS LTD .i don't have the adreese but it's in Kowloon

www.loongwah.com

GP MOTOR CO.,LTD ( UNIT A, G/F., WEI YIN CENTRE, 123 TUNG CHAU ST, TAI KOK TSUI, KOWLOON ) TEL: 23987322

www.gpmotor.com.hk

TOP RACING ( 97/ G/F., HAK PO STREET, MONGKOK, KOWLOON ) TEL:27704812

Anyways that all i have for right now but in Mongkok there have a lot of speed shop

but i guess you can get around good enough with English

negative, that's a rather wishful thinking.

i'm guessing you're Chinese since you live in Alhambra? haha, you should know better, at least you won't get the best deals with English. :lol:

btw, thanks for all the useful info!

Archived