LegacyGT.com

Has anyone tried this product

My headlights are starting to kind of look like they are old.

They are not completely clear like they appear on a new car.

I have a 2005 LGT and I was wondering if anyone has tired this product

http://www.detailcity.com/diamondite-clear-plastic-kit-headlights.html

I thinking about giving it a try soon, or if anyone has tried something else I am curious to know.

I can take pictures if anyone doesn't know what I am talking about.

• 5 weeks later...
I dont know man, I've actually never heard of a product that does this. I have this problem on the drivers side, only because I had to have the passenger side replaced recently and now it's uneven. It shows up even more since I put on the HID conversion kit. So I might give this stuff a try myself. My only worry is that it has more to do with the inside of the light as well? Guess we'll find out. I'll give a review later.

• 5 weeks later...
Metal polish works decently, but the cloudiness will start come back in a few months. To do it right you should wet sand them with 600 or so grit, then 1200 grit, then use that plastic polish and work them until they are crystal clear (takes some time and elbow grease). I had this issue on my Maxima and the metal polish was only a good fix for a few months. Plus I think it clouds over faster after this because there is supposedly a protective layer on the headlights from the factory that wears off (especially once you polish them)

Archived