LegacyGT.com

Sqeaking!!! Arrg

yuhocheung

hi all, it's me again with the problem...:confused:

again... i recently installed a whiteline front sway and cusco rear sway.... i had my s-tech for quite some time now...

i had problem with the rear sway after i installed... i found out that the endlinks arent adjustable so they're making clanking sound... so i guess getting an adjustable one would fix the problem...

now there's a problem with the front... everytime i pass a pot/manhole... or even one of those blank rubber lines on the road the front makes sqeaking sound... i dunno if it happened just recently becuse i like my music loud... and i turned it off tonight... it always had sound in the interior..it's something concerning to something hitting the top cap or something... but now when i open the window i can hear obvious sqeaking and it's bothering the hell out of me...

can anybody tell me the problem? and how to fix it?... thanks alot... really appreciate it cuz i'll be starting a job where i need my car most of the time in 2 days...thanks...

p.s. i also installed ebay strut bars... dunno if that would make any difference....

i tried that today... went and got some lithium white grease spray... i sprayed most of the parts i could find... i dont have any tools to lift the car... i could only kneel down and spray... the sqeak got softer but it's still there...

do i have to lift the car up in order to get rid of all the noise?...

i know this might sounds pretty dumb... i'm still trying to learn how the mechanics work... thanks again...

Yuho

Try to locate the general area the sqeaking seems to be coming from (i.e. drivers side, passenger side). This will help narrow down what might be causing the squeaking. Easiest way I've found to do this is have some one kind of rock the front end of the car by pressing down on one of the front corner panels while you stick your head under the car and listen. Let me know if it comes from the passenger side because I might know what the problem is.

Elliott

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

It sounds like you did the install of the sways yourself. Did you put lube in the rubber mounts that go around the sway bars? If this wasn't done I'm sure that could be the source of the squeaking.

Spraying grease around the attached and secured rubber mount may not get enough in there the fix the problem. Sounds like you might have to take the rubber mounts off and spray in there if it was never done.

I don't think endlinks will really squeak per se either.

It sounds like you did the install of the sways yourself. Did you put lube in the rubber mounts that go around the sway bars? If this wasn't done I'm sure that could be the source of the squeaking.

Spraying grease around the attached and secured rubber mount may not get enough in there the fix the problem. Sounds like you might have to take the rubber mounts off and spray in there if it was never done.

I don't think endlinks will really squeak per se either.

i have the whiteline fsb... so i'm supposed to grease around that yellow half-circle thing right?

another questions... are front and rear endlinks ever exchangable?

btw i'm switching garage... i'll only go to the one i go to now for oil change...

one more thing... the sqeaking doesnt hurt my car right? (it just hurts the image of the Legacy? lol)....

i have the whiteline fsb... so i'm supposed to grease around that yellow half-circle thing right?

btw i'm switching garage... i'll only go to the one i go to now for oil change...

one more thing... the sqeaking doesnt hurt my car right? (it just hurts the image of the Legacy? lol)....

so i'm supposed to grease around that yellow half-circle thing right?

- in the yellow half circle thing is the rubber mount, grease between the rubber mount and the sway bar too

- Nope, they are different

the sqeaking doesnt hurt my car right?

- If you're certain everything was installed correctly and no lube was used, then this is most likely the source of the sqeaking. It shouldn't be too damaging to the car, just the ears lol

• 2 years later...

Same thing happened to me, curious is that I did apply lots of lube that came with the sways, and even though the squeaking is still there!!!

Gotta apply more I guess

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

You really have to torque down the nuts on the endlinks. That was the source my my squeaking in the front. And the clunking you have in the rear might be the sway bar hitting your exhaust.
I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Archived