LegacyGT.com

Catback Exhaust

Elliottlj

LOL, anything under 8" diameter is a waste on a naturally aspirated engine.

Seriously, neither will give you any significant power increase - just more noise.

You might try posting this in either the Naturally Aspirated or Intake and Exhaust forum. You'll likely have better luck there.

Welcome to the forums.

I am also interested in a performance exhaust for my Outback as the factory setup is rattling and driving me nuts, so why not put something more aggressive on there? I have found a nice looking exhaust system from Borla that looks mainly factory but sounds a little better, but not that loud at all. Cobb also made something once but I'm not sure if it is still available. Let me know if you find anything else.

I had a Borla cat-back on my 97 GT (still have it, just waiting to get another GT) Stromung makes a cat back for the Legacy www.Boxer4Racing.com

How did you like the Borla? How is the fitment and the sound? I want something that is going to give me a little more power but not be flashy or loud... My Outback is my daily driver. My Legacy is super loud already with 3" TBE and Greddy EVO2.

I have a TWE equal length header - 2.5" cat delete section - 2.5"mid pipe with 18" resonator (a must have) and an STi axleback. In my opinion it is the perfect setup for me.

Subaru Exhaust video by CrusaderCS - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid180.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid180.photobucket.com/albums/x288/CrusaderCS/LegacyExhaustsm.flv@@AMEPARAM@@vid180@@AMEPARAM@@180@@AMEPARAM@@x288/CrusaderCS/LegacyExhaustsm

the video says 2.25 but it is 2.5.

Oh yeah, CAT delete and midpipe is from TWE.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to the local Muffler shop and had them do a custom fitted Cat Back on my BG. Used a Magnaflow muffler (not mirror finish). Not only did it look stock for the most part, But it sounded bad a$$.

Plus after I had installed the Headers I definitely noticed an increase in power. At least my girlfriend at the time said so. And I didn't tell her that I purchased anything for the car at the time, cuz I didn't want to get into trouble :lol: She just asked me if I had done anything to the car. LOL

:munch:

Any advice on fitting a decent cat back to a 96 L wagon? I've been searching forever, don't know what to get, or where to start.....

You could do what I did. I did this to my 2.2, before I swapped the 2.5, and it sounded AWESOME!

I went to the local Muffler shop and had them do a custom fitted Cat Back on my BG. Used a Magnaflow muffler (not mirror finish). Not only did it look stock for the most part, But it sounded bad a$$.

Plus after I had installed the Headers I definitely noticed an increase in power. At least my girlfriend at the time said so. And I didn't tell her that I purchased anything for the car at the time, cuz I didn't want to get into trouble :lol: She just asked me if I had done anything to the car. LOL

:munch:

• 9 months later...

Archived