LegacyGT.com

98' Legacy Engine Swap???

midgy_56

I have a 98' Legacy GT LTD, and am sitting with my 2nd blown head gasket within a year. I'm thinking my only options right now are to either get rid of the car or do an engine swap. I love the car and can't really afford something else so i'm thinking the swap is the only way. I'm looking for a little advice on different engine options. I've been talking with CCR engines out of colorado for their rebuilt engines. I'm concerned about getting another EJ25 for fear of more head gasket problems. I've heard that the 95' EJ22 bolts in real nice with no need for ECU or exhaust manifold change. Right now this appears to be my best option, although I'm not real excited about the power loss. I've heard this is a very simple swap, but I'm still worried that something won't work out, so if you know anything about it, please let me know. Also, any other suggestions, or advice with swapping this engine to my car, or any other advice (different engine, power upgrades for the EJ22, etc) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

CCR FTW

Their motors are very solid and the DOHC 2.5's come with the newer style headgaskets, decked block and cylinder head mating surfaces and a 3yr/36k warranty. They are an awesome compnay to deal with.

Archived