• Winston-Salem
    • Asheville area
    • Boone

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I'm interested in doing a SCCA Driver's Course. Any one here involved with scca? I didn't see any dates for a driving school in NC when I looked around...
I am with CCR of the SCCA. I am the Autocross Chairman. I have not been on here in a while since it had not been that active. I drive a 05 Legacy GT witha lot of mods and live in Matthews. Glad to see some people on here. Do any of you autocross. Dave

I have an 08 Legacy GT with Automatic/Paddle Shifters. I have the SPT intake and exhaust. I had an 05 Legacy GT 5 Speed, but got tired of the clutch in traffic. Let me know if you know any good places in the area for performance parts and upgrades. Any road tracks in the area that I can pay to drive on?

I have an 08 Legacy GT with Automatic/Paddle Shifters. I have the SPT intake and exhaust. I had an 05 Legacy GT 5 Speed, but got tired of the clutch in traffic. Let me know if you know any good places in the area for performance parts and upgrades. Any road tracks in the area that I can pay to drive on?

Where is Indian Trail located?

Indian Trail is a SE suburb of Charlotte, about 3 miles south of I-485 off Independence/74.

I live in Indian Trail/Monroe (right on the border off Idlewild/Secrest Shortcut)... I don't have a LGT yet, but will be getting one by the end of the year (probably around November or so, once my wife gets off probation with her new job).

Wow. I remember when Indian Trail was not a suburb, but a small farm town. I also remember Mckee/Weddington intersection when all four corners where farmland, with that neighborhood being a somewhat scenic field with a few big old oak trees.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm in Asheville, but I'm a little busy to be hanging out (girlfriend will be here for a month;)). Plus, I will soon be heading to VA for a few months. I've seen only 4 other LGTs so far here, which is kind of nice considering the number of subs in this area. I believe the dealer here is the #1 dealer in the southeast. I have to say, I enjoy my LGT on the curvy mountain roads here.

I'm in Asheville, but I'm a little busy to be hanging out (girlfriend will be here for a month;)). Plus, I will soon be heading to VA for a few months. I've seen only 4 other LGTs so far here, which is kind of nice considering the number of subs in this area. I believe the dealer here is the #1 dealer in the southeast. I have to say, I enjoy my LGT on the curvy mountain roads here.

To VA for months :confused: For work?

Yea, Prestige is very big up there. Mtns and snow means lots of Subarus. If you want any work done on the car Boxer 4 Racing is up there, and Dale Teague is very good.

Elk mountain rd off of beaverdam is a nice hill climb. If you follow it far enough, I think it will drop you onto the parkway and you can take town mtn back down. Don't wash your car first, gravel section if you go all the way through...:)

Also like HWY 63 north all the way up to hot springs. Or you can turn left at the junction with 209 and head west out to waynesville...

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

Elk Mtn is a fun road. I live in N Asheville near the parkway, great ride when its open.

?"Boxer 4 Racing"? I've never heard of this, here in/near avl? I don't have the $ for lots of mods right now, just AP stg 2 and a K&N. Sold an SPT intake due to the noise it made.