LegacyGT.com

Tanabe Lowering Springs For Sale!

kikkoman114

I'm not sure if this belongs in the Classified section or here, but I feel it is more focused in Southern California. Here is a deal, just bare with me here. Tanabe USA is planning on test fitting 2 different kinds of lowering springs for BP/BL and I happen to be the first BL owner to contact them. After a bit of consideration, I don't think I really want to lower my car. So here is the deal. As of right now I still hold that spot, but I am willing to sell that spot to the next person for $150 OBO. And here is what you will get. - You are required to show up on a specific Wednesday in Dec at 9AM in Tanabe USA in city of Torrance. - Your car must be 100% stock or they will not use your car. - They will test fit 2 different lowering springs onto your Legacy. - If they both fit, you get to pick 1 of the two to keep, and your stock springs. - If they don't fit, you get your stock springs installed and they will contact you next time when they have new product to test fit. - Process can take anywhere from 4~6 hours, so you pretty much there the whole day. Tanabe list these springs for $340 on their website. Here you not only get the springs for free(that's if it fits), but professionally installed for free too. The best part is, you get to be literally the first person on this side of the ocean to have these Tanabe lowering springs. Please PM me if anyone in So Cal is interested or email me at [email="kikkoman114@yahoo.com"]kikkoman114@yahoo.com[/email] If no one is interested or willing to pay what I am asking for then I guess you will find my car a bit lower than before.

Gotta agree with panamajack there. The car that gets the free springs gets them because they are helping a company R&D their products. There are some attendant risks to being a prototype car, so that's why the companies offer the free goods as compensation. No serious offense, but it's kinda punk to try and make money off the deal, especially if you don't want to lower your car. Just my $0.02.

All opinions are welcomed, and I am far from offended. It is I who wants to apologize if my greed offends you and the likes of you. I'd figured for those who do want to lower their vehicle, for the asking price it is a fair deal. If I was a owner who wanted to do just that I don't think I would find $100 as too much. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, you and I are no different and I respect their own respective opinion as much as I am going to. So far no takers, then I reckon I will get these springs installed, and uninstall it immediately and turn it around and sell it to those who are willing to pay for this item, or perhaps you think I ought to give it away? Wouldn't want to be "punk" again now, would I?

Everything is open for negotiation - that's how the market works - a deal happens when a wiling seller finds a willing buyer who is willing to buy the seller's product at a given price point. So if kikkoman114 is willing to vacate his "dibs" on this service for a reasonable price (in the eye of the beholder), than so be it. Let's not hammer him for trying to get up some mad mod money. ;) It's a little too far for me with the commute but Tanabe makes great stuff and I'd give them an opportunity to fit up their new gear on my car, as long as I got to watch the whole process, start to finish. My mechanical mind wants to see how the pro's do it for a living. :) SBT
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

If I wasn't on the complete opposite side of teh country, i would let him try out these springs on my ride in a second. And $100? I ended up paying that for a drop-in filter and STi radiator cap, so in comparison to the crazy prices on most of the Legacy aftermarket, its a very very reasonable price. Don't suppose you'll ship them to the east coast?

Just got a call from Tanabe today. Looks like the springs for the BP/BL didn't arrive until the shippment so it is not going to happen anytime soon. Next estimated delivery time is around Febuaray, so this offer is still open to those in So Cal who are interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived