LegacyGT.com

Children's book to help you learn you're not gay

Earthworm

I have a friend who was raised in a pretty strict Christian family who is gay. His parents have basically disowned him. If his upbringing had any influence on his sexuality, he'd be straight.

IMO, you are born who you are.. this is one lifestyle/behaviour/whatever you want to call it that is not learned.

A 'pretty strict Christian family' doesn't do much to describe his upbringing. There is much variation between people of what that means, if it is good, etc. I have heard plenty of stories of women who are raised in strict homes who are quite loose. Also, as I said, human behavior is extremely complex, I don't think you can casually say what affected a person and how without a lot of experience, training, and knowledge about the particular case.

Also, I don't think you can draw conclusions for all people based on one friend of yours. I don't say this to anyone in particular, but in a such a politically charged issue, I think it is hard for actual facts and truth to take priority.

I highly doubt that having your uncle play with your twig and berries when you are a little kid wll have any bearing on your sexual orientation.

I have a friend who was raised in a pretty strict Christian family who is gay. His parents have basically disowned him. If his upbringing had any influence on his sexuality, he'd be straight.

IMO, you are born who you are.. this is one lifestyle/behaviour/whatever you want to call it that is not learned.

what does this have to do with this book?

He thinks he's gay because he seeks the attention of other men to comfort him because that is what he was taught as a child. NOT because he is homosexual.

get it? he's confused.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Guest Gitster

He thinks he's gay because he seeks the attention of other men to comfort him because that is what he was taught as a child. NOT because he is homosexual.

get it? he's confused.

Riiiiggghhht. But the motive behind a book like this is to dis sway even a young homosexual into thinking hes really gay. So he can start a family, and then ruin it 15 years down the line because he cant hide it anymore. Real smart. To me, this is propganda produced by a faction such as the Christian Right to cleanse the earth of homosexuals through psychology. Like thats gonna work :rolleyes:

Opposition to this would only be valid if you believe people are born Gay, like me and Seb believe (im straight f u). Im not arguing this, just justifying my theory.

Guest Gitster

get it? he's confused.

Soo you dont have any problem with your kids reading this ? Do you think this is educational ??

Guest Gitster

Haha, yes I get it.

But what if the kid is a homosexual and he gets molested, youre just gonna scar the kid for life with that book, can of worms Randy, can of worms :lol:

Well...I hate to say it.....but the book has a point......Look at what happens to a lot of females who don't have a father or a poor fatherly connection.......allot tend to become a how should I say… “promiscuous”…... not saying it’s a rule but it happens more than one would think….

Archived