LegacyGT.com

Ecu?

panamajack

I know alot of us are looking for a tunner that will work with either the Accessport or the XEDE. Being on So. California are their tunners here that will tune them for you or do have to drive very far to get it done. Sorry for being a total n00b, but I have to ask.

There is no DIY tuning with the Accessport. Cobb makes the Accessport and will offer a variety of preset off-the-shelf maps for it, but there is no user tunability until they release the AccessTuner... which should have been out a while ago, but seems to be on indefinate hold right now. If you want user tunability you'll want the XEDE or UTEC. If you want a tuner to do the work for you, and then have it as a set and forget proposition, then Ecutek is the way to go. While I have no first hand experience with them, both Harman Motive seems to have a good rep. I-Speed recently moved to SoCal, you they become a good option as well. Heck, a the Bay Area isn't that far a drive up to Vishnu. Lots of options.

[quote name='panamajack']Boostjunkie have you heard anymore from shiv regarding the legacy XEDE? I know he tuned an auto for 100+ pounds of torque using just a reflash. I would defenitley take a trip up north to let him work some magic on my car.[/QUOTE] I think Vishnu can also use the XEDE on the LGT, but there haven't been any posted numbers for that setup. The 100 ft./lbs. gain is a little misleading, as this was the largest delta between stock and reflashed. It occured at low rpms. The peak gain was closer to 45-50 ft./lbs. Still impressive stuff nonetheless, for nothing more than an Ecutek reflash.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Boostjunkie']I think Vishnu can also use the XEDE on the LGT, but there haven't been any posted numbers for that setup. The 100 ft./lbs. gain is a little misleading, as this was the largest delta between stock and reflashed. It occured at low rpms. The peak gain was closer to 45-50 ft./lbs. Still impressive stuff nonetheless, for nothing more than an Ecutek reflash.[/QUOTE] Yeah looks like that 100ft/lbs was all torque convertor at that low rpm. Misleading.

[quote name='panamajack']Yeah I want to get tunned , but I am going to wait until I get my suspension finished. By that time there will be some choices on downpipes and cat-backs. The dual tip STI does look tempting though.[/QUOTE] And it also sounds good, not too loud, with the EcuTek reflash you will get around 210 whp. My wagon will be a total sleeper.

Archived