LegacyGT.com

'Clunk' on sharp turns w/ Megan Racing OB Coilovers?

Andyjo

So i installed the coilovers a while ago, have at least 5000 miles on them, and a while ago i started to notice that on slow speed sharp turns (parking lots etc...) i get a 'clunk' out of the front end.

I'm guessing it's the swaybar, or the links, any ideas?

i had a similar issue with my lifted impreza, the swaybar was just over stressed because of the lift, think the same thing could be happening because the OBXT is ~ 2" lower?

So i installed the coilovers a while ago, have at least 5000 miles on them, and a while ago i started to notice that on slow speed sharp turns (parking lots etc...) i get a 'clunk' out of the front end.

I'm guessing it's the swaybar, or the links, any ideas?

i had a similar issue with my lifted impreza, the swaybar was just over stressed because of the lift, think the same thing could be happening because the OBXT is ~ 2" lower?

Check the endlinks for play. Also check that the top nut on the coilovers is tight and that the lock rings are also tight. Those 3 things will account for at least 95% of clunks.

• 2 weeks later...

my sways clunk all the time in the miata. part of the reason why i dont think im going to get sways on the legacy.

dont know what causes it. but when i adjusted the rear sway to be tighter (they're adjustables, 2 sets of bolt holes), the noise went away.

dont know what that means. but i've put it back to normal/understeer setting and it clunks again

car for sale. PM me!

Archived