LegacyGT.com

Best 235/40 R18 tire

Selds

Quick question then.. I have ION springs with the extra rear seat, will a 235/40 on a 18x8 +45 have any issues?

Tires in the running:

Toyo T1-R

Ecsta SPT

Potenza RE050A

Potenza RE750

Yokohoma S. drive

Falken Azenis

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3

Is there a clear winner in this group? -Thx guys >8D

Goodyear GS-D3 best STREET tire I've ever used. Excellent combo of grip, ride, comfort and quietness. If you are autoxing or doing track days then do the R compounds

+1+ on th F1. I've had the T1-R as well and the F1, IMHO, is superior in almost every aspect, except cost and perhaps tire wear.

Keefe, you meant 245/35/18 right?

245/40/18 would be REALLY big

I've done 245/40/18 and yes, it IS big. it works but it's only good for long car trips at best.. the wider grip is almost useless for such a tall tire.

Keefe

+1+ on th F1. I've had the T1-R as well and the F1, IMHO, is superior in almost every aspect, except cost and perhaps tire wear.

So the F1's wore faster than the T1-Rs?

I have ION springs with the extra rear seat, will a 235/40 on a 18x8 +45 have any issues?

This wasn't answered, but I have the same question. Accept for a +48 offset, but I don't think that matters.

Bridgestone has discontinued my tire of choice (Potenza S-03) so now I am looking for a great high performance tire that has a good water rating as well. (WA resident) Also it has to come in a 235/40 R18

Looking for well informed opinions since tires can be an important purchase.

-Thx

from using tire racks site...the best a/s with wet weather is the 960 a/s...max summer with the best wet was sp sport maxx.

my only complaint about the 960 is a wish for a stiffer sidewall. it truly makes the wet pavement feel dry.

Archived