LegacyGT.com

Ah yes, fun day on the I-210

jsalicru

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/8951/photoah9.jpg

So here I was, minding my own business on the car pool lane... actually going the speed limit (Shocker!).. I look around and I see a ricer @ my 5 o'clock weaving in-and-out of traffic... "Great, a street race..." I think to myself, then I look towards my right... "****!" I see a Buttstang coming at me hard and fast... then BAM! I get hit, airbags out, and now I'm starting to crawl up the median! I countersteer to try to not keep climbing up, but the dumb, umm guy, is still coming at me! Finally, he gets off the car and starts to pull away/off the fwy... my car is dead... no engine. the dash reads "Airbag Fault." No shit sherlock!! So I almost come to a stop on the #3 lane, re-start the car and get outta the freeway..

When I came rushing at the dumb, umm, guy, all he could say is that he downshifter to second (Warp speed anyone?) BUT, he claims not to have been streetracing.. until I basically tell him... well, I hate to tell you, but you are FUBARED. I saw the Civic and I guarantee you that the guy on that pick-up will say you were street racing... he did ;)

Luckily there's a guy who stopped and witnessed the whole thing.

http://homepage.mac.com/jsalicru/.Public/GTiCrash%20(3).JPG

http://homepage.mac.com/jsalicru/.Public/GTiCrash1.JPG

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

oh and I thought it was the LGT, looks like its gonna be a pain to fix the fender behind the door, that whole rear quarter pannel part looks like its seamless with the roof. Probably have to replace entire roof and both sides right?

Sorry to hear that jose.

i'll always remember the farmer boys trip we went to in that car while waiting for my car to cool down.

On the bright side it'll be fixed at no cost to you. hope that idiot gets what's coming to him.

also, nice privacy curtains lol. You should just go all out RV conversion.

car for sale. PM me!

Yeah, here's the damage I see thus far:

-Full door replacement

-Window gear

-Seatbelt assembly

-Passenger seat

-Clear Bra

-side skirt replacement

-3 wheels are curbed

-whole molding replacement on left side of car

-rear quarter panel fix or replace (under the door its bad, I wonder how they fix that)

-front fender is slightly dented+scuffed

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

I forgot to tell/show you guys what I did to.. umm.. well, I'll just call it... therapy..

[ame=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3915416877247106748&hl=en]Arnee's 911[/ame]

he needed the headers broken in.. and I needed to drive to Camarillo... modded 911 C4S + 250 trip = good therapy :)

• 2 months later...

UPDATE!

so... I believe we were all off on our estimates... including the estimator for that matter..

It cost almost $10k to repair the car in the end... It looks pretty good though. I've seen it and driven it... but I won't get it back until later this week.

I had it back for a day. only one day.. yesterday... just enough time for me to put on Bilstein Sports and H&R Springs.. :)

Coming soon... 19" wheels to acompany the 235/35/19s I have waiting.

IMG_0074.thumb.jpg.cf3e7ee2ee1016d2c8cbd80a1e2c57e2.jpg

Man that shop sure does wonders. it's amazing what they can do. the car looked like ASS on the workshop floor. that car looks better than new.

i bet they just replaced ur car with a newer one ;P

car for sale. PM me!

Archived