LegacyGT.com

Which Catted Downpipe????

cwmiller

I have an 08 OB XT Man. trans. Wanting to start heading towards stage 2 (well get closer then I am, and then wait 6 more months for cobb to catch up). So which catted down pipe can i run, that wont throw a CEL or have me do a CEL fix to the o2 sensor? I know the nice cobb DP has the o2 bung before the cat, so that wont work! :eek:

I have an Autospeed catted DP on my 05 LGT sedan. It has two O2 sensor locations one is for an Upstream wideband O2 sensor used while tuning and another after the cat for the factory O2 sensor.
Let's kick this pig!

So is there a difference between the two piece catted perrin and other downpipes?

As far as quality goes, and does it have any advantages? or just being able to put one piece on a t a time. I have the Perrin CB exhaust and would like to stick with a whole Perrin system, but I would consider getting another brand if they are just as good if not better. By the way I have the 5EAT

I have the Perrin 2-pc catted DP. I'm not usually much of a Perrin fan, but the quality was very nice and I get no CELs. As far as fit, the Perrin fits well because they were forced to make sure each piece (when installed separately) would mate with the remaining stock section. So both pieces together = a DP that is bend for bend basically like the stock DP, but much higher flow.

I have an 08 OB XT Man. trans. Wanting to start heading towards stage 2 (well get closer then I am, and then wait 6 more months for cobb to catch up). So which catted down pipe can i run, that wont throw a CEL or have me do a CEL fix to the o2 sensor? I know the nice cobb DP has the o2 bung before the cat, so that wont work! :eek:

I'm pretty sure the rear O2 bung on the cobb catted DP is after the cat. I think the one that you are thinking about is the WB bung right behind the turbo.

I personally have the PDE catted DP and have had no problems with it.

05 STI CGM~520whp/463wtq...more to come!

08 STI Aspen White/Gold BBS~305whp/365wtq:D

Both tuned by Scott Siegel!

Archived