LegacyGT.com

Yet Another LGT Sedan Pink Review

KGreb

Installed my pink springs a couple of weeks ago (thanks Myles). Other than my first time installer problems (see old thread), install was pretty simple. Ride height seems to have dropped a little more than the expected 15mm, but I didn't take before measurements. I'd guess the drop is between .75" and 1". Ride quality is marginally harsher than stock, but feels smoother than my old stock WRX. Cornering performance is improved and body roll has lessened a bit. It's really obvious now that the car needs better rubber, as the RE92s give way and squeal very easily in cornering. Before, you knew the tires weren't optimal, but now they're clearly the weakest point. All in all, this is an excellent upgrade to the GT and I highly recommend it. If you are looking to seriously auto-x or track the car, the pinks are not what you need. These springs are more for the crowd that would like a slightly more agressive suspension while retaining the luxury car feel. Think German sport sedan with factory upgraded sport suspension, not vaguely street legal race car.

Thanks for the latest review of the pinks. Your findings reinforce my belief that the pink springs alone will give me the suspension upgrade that I'm looking for. It's also a very reasonable cost (probably something Subaru should have done in the first place!). I can't afford the expense of coilovers and really don't want a too firm racing setup. thanks again!

[quote name='KGreb']Installed my pink springs a couple of weeks ago (thanks Myles). Other than my first time installer problems (see old thread), install was pretty simple. Ride height seems to have dropped a little more than the expected 15mm, but I didn't take before measurements. I'd guess the drop is between .75" and 1". Ride quality is marginally harsher than stock, but feels smoother than my old stock WRX. Cornering performance is improved and body roll has lessened a bit. It's really obvious now that the car needs better rubber, as the RE92s give way and squeal very easily in cornering. Before, you knew the tires weren't optimal, but now they're clearly the weakest point. All in all, this is an excellent upgrade to the GT and I highly recommend it. If you are looking to seriously auto-x or track the car, the pinks are not what you need. These springs are more for the crowd that would like a slightly more agressive suspension while retaining the luxury car feel. Think German sport sedan with factory upgraded sport suspension, not vaguely street legal race car.[/QUOTE] thanks man,..did you take pictures yet?

I have also had the Pinks installed on my 5MT GT for a couple of weeks now and I absolutely concur with this review. Pics taken but not on this machine. Can post them if anyone is really interested. Think "German Sport Package". Oh, and as I'm sure many of you who are considering this are wondering, these springs with the factory dampers are very well suited to daily driving. I haven't felt so much as a wimper and in different conditions, the ride quality actually feels improved over the factory setup. I have cleared every speed bump that I have thus far encountered and slanted curbs haven't been a problem either but I do take them at a slight angle just as a matter of habit. It is low enough that you may tap a parking block though so it is wise to start practicing and make sure that you stop short of parking blocks if you decide to get them. As for performance, I am very happy with the results. I wanted a civil daily driver that was eager to take in the corners. This most certainly meets those requirements. I felt that the factory suspension was quite adequate but with the STi springs, there is just a little less push and a more engaging feel. As for the aesthetic quality of the drop. It is for the lack of a better word, perfect. It still has an OEM quality ride height with an even level of wheel gap all around. I didn't take measurements before and after simply because everyone uses a different method of measuring ride height. Personally, I think that this is what accounts for the different results from those who have taken measurements. That in conjunction with the actual weight of the vehicle (limited vs non-limited models/full tank to near empty) will have a noticeable impact especially when you apply any form of measurement to the level of drop. And most importantly, my wife actually likes it and she has never even been "ok" with the ride quality of any of my previously modified cars. Thats right... I have successfully modified the family sedan!

[quote name='FiftyTwoEighty']I have also had the Pinks installed on my 5MT GT for a couple of weeks now and I absolutely concur with this review. Pics taken but not on this machine. Can post them if anyone is really interested. Think "German Sport Package". Oh, and as I'm sure many of you who are considering this are wondering, these springs with the factory dampers are very well suited to daily driving. I haven't felt so much as a wimper and in different conditions, the ride quality actually feels improved over the factory setup. I have cleared every speed bump that I have thus far encountered and slanted curbs haven't been a problem either but I do take them at a slight angle just as a matter of habit. It is low enough that you may tap a parking block though so it is wise to start practicing and make sure that you stop short of parking blocks if you decide to get them. As for performance, I am very happy with the results. I wanted a civil daily driver that was eager to take in the corners. This most certainly meets those requirements. I felt that the factory suspension was quite adequate but with the STi springs, there is just a little less push and a more engaging feel. As for the aesthetic quality of the drop. It is for the lack of a better word, perfect. It still has an OEM quality ride height with an even level of wheel gap all around. I didn't take measurements before and after simply because everyone uses a different method of measuring ride height. Personally, I think that this is what accounts for the different results from those who have taken measurements. That in conjunction with the actual weight of the vehicle (limited vs non-limited models/full tank to near empty) will have a noticeable impact especially when you apply any form of measurement to the level of drop. And most importantly, my wife actually likes it and she has never even been "ok" with the ride quality of any of my previously modified cars. Thats right... I have successfully modified the family sedan![/QUOTE] excellent review...good to know even the wife likes them! Myles Williams aka "944 turbo guy" [url]www.racecompengineering.com[/url] 9123 Old Annapolis Rd suite 103w Columbia, MD 21045 RaceComp Engineering LLC 410-730-RACE 410-707-0108 cell [email]sales@racecompengineering.com[/email]

[quote name='RaceComp Engineering']good to know even the wife likes them![/QUOTE] It makes this whole "modification" business that much more challenging and interesting. I put a great deal of faith in the early reviews from Myles and others and as it turns out, rightfully so. This is probably the only time that I have modified a car without any buyer's remorse shortly thereafter. I had high expectations and I wasn't let down. I'm dead serious about that.

[quote name='FiftyTwoEighty']It makes this whole "modification" business that much more challenging and interesting. I put a great deal of faith in the early reviews from Myles and others and as it turns out, rightfully so. This is probably the only time that I have modified a car without any buyer's remorse shortly thereafter. I had high expectations and I wasn't let down. I'm dead serious about that.[/QUOTE] Tsi is the kindof feedback that makes thingsreally worth it sometimes,...........knowing that my .02 cents made a difference. Thanks ALOT... MW

Archived