LegacyGT.com

Re: K2 Gear Front Bumper

Hi everyone, new member here - I've been lurking in the forums for a bit - but will be picking up my 07 Spec B next week! :O! I've been looking at member pics and fell in love with the K2 Gear front bumper - and have a question:

1. I looked on the japanparts.com website for the Reiz bumper, can anyone tell me how much it is after getting everything done? Paint/installing/other misc. pieces that you might need (apparently a 2.0 jdm gt-spec grill - and do you need to stick to that grill or can I get another type) etc.

Thanks!

A bigger JDM spec B -size grille (US 05-07 Outback grille might fit, too.) K2 even has aftermarket Carbon Fiber grilles to fit, and front chin spoilers.

the undertray, even the front fenderwell liners, foglight mounting, and the aluminum bumper beam are all different from US-spec.

AVO Turboworld might still be selling a kit with all the under-pinning parts to convert a US car to JDM-spec B fitment, and you provide the bumper cover, which would apply to the K2 bumper, and subaru or aftermarket grille.

I would love to do this conversion, but I don't have that kind of money. it is do-able, and at least one forum member has.

Thanks IwannaSportsSedan :O that sounds expensive though eh - the bumper itself is 950 CDN, and on top of that - there's all the mounting parts you mentioned PLUS the grill .... and after that, paint!

Another quickie, do you think the JDM bumper will fit on our 07's? I'm really set on the K2 kit, but replicating the whole JDM Liberty STI look could be another idea =D

could we order the jdm spec-b bumper + get the sti lip .. = makeshift north american sti?

For a direct conversion to the bumper pictured above on a U.S./Canadian '07 Legacy, you'll need to change the bumper skin, front fenders, headlights, grille, and then the assorted installation parts (bumper beam, foam, undertray, etc.) if you don't hack up your stock parts. I hope you have at least $5K handy... ;)

-Mike-

For a direct conversion to the bumper pictured above on a U.S./Canadian '07 Legacy, you'll need to change the bumper skin, front fenders, headlights, grille, and then the assorted installation parts (bumper beam, foam, undertray, etc.) if you don't hack up your stock parts. I hope you have at least $5K handy... ;)

-Mike-

Hey wnstn,

Mike summed it up pretty well. If you want to do a front end conversion (properly), you're gonna have to get most of the JDM internals + JDM Fogs + whatever Bumper you're deciding on, all ancillary parts (grill, lip, etc.), and ship it. Most JDM bumpers are also unpainted, so you'll have to do that as well.

Best of luck! Keep us posted.

Hey wnstn,

Mike summed it up pretty well. If you want to do a front end conversion (properly), you're gonna have to get most of the JDM internals + JDM Fogs + whatever Bumper you're deciding on, all ancillary parts (grill, lip, etc.), and ship it. Most JDM bumpers are also unpainted, so you'll have to do that as well.

Best of luck! Keep us posted.

Thanks everyone - I didn't think it would be that expensive =(. But does this apply to all JDM bumpers? How about Otaku's K2? thanks!

Thanks everyone - I didn't think it would be that expensive =(. But does this apply to all JDM bumpers? How about Otaku's K2? thanks!

Yup.

Any JDM Bumper will have to have a conversion process on them + the price of whatever bumper (outer) you want.

If you're looking to buy a JDM spec.B bumper, it'll be roughly $2,500-3,000 for the bumper skin, STi front lip, re-paint, misc. installation parts (bumper beam, undertray, liners, fogs, etc.), and shipping. This is for all brand new parts. Other members have hacked their USDM bumper beams, made mounting brackets for USDM fog lights, etc. I'm not sure how much Legacy_Otaku's setup was, but it's probably around what I quoted.

-Mike-

Archived