LegacyGT.com

Is it worth it???

IB6UB9

navi's are only in autos, so if you want a manual and non-spec b the navi won't be availble.

AC, seems fine to me, the only one I had that was better was my 87 celebrity, but that was on the old freon which is why it was much colder.

Windows and sunroof, aren't the fast I've seen nor the slowest. Get in one and see how they move and if it will be an issue for you.

The gas mileage ain't great, but it is pretty much close to what is advertised on the website, could be better or worse according to how you drive it.

05's were known to have stinky clutch, some had it for a little while others had it for a while. Same with clutch wear, some clutches went out quick others didn't. OF course with the clutch its also according to how the previous person drove teh car to clutch wear.

Rattles, I hear every make someone complains about them. But that is a car by car thing, and also how much it annoys you, or if you even notice it.

The thing is you are looking at a used one. You really need to just look at some give them a long test drive and see what you think. With a used car if it had issues they could have been fixed by the previous owner, or the previous owner could have beat the hell out of the car and there are issues no one else ever heard of.

I decided to test my A/C today, just for kicks as the family was out shopping for back to school stuff in the heat of the day. Outside temp was 103 degrees by noon when we pulled into the Outlet mall in Lake Elsinore, CA. After baking in the sun for over an hour, internal temp on the car was over 135 degrees (no tint on my car yet.) Flipped the A/C on auto, and set the controls to 75 - car interior was down to that temp in just over 5 minutes - by the time we got back to the freeway, it was cold enough in the car that my wife was complaining about it. That A/C kicks butt in my opinion. :wub:

I have an '07, maybe the A/C unit has been improved over older models, that I could not say. Maybe you like frost on the windshield, too? :lol: Still, to be able to lower the inside temp to almost 30 degrees below ambient temp quickly, and keep it there in full sun driving around in +100 temps is about as much as you can ask of any car. To be fair, my car is basically brand new with less than 3K miles, so I can't speak to reliability over time with this car yet. My son has an '05 with about 37K miles, and he is still happy with his - no complaints.

Guest DJ Proez
Every car has their issues. I have an 08 and my AC gets too cold even when it's 90 out so that hasn't been a problem for me. I think an 05 would be good maybe certified pre owned so you get some sort of warranty.

Thanks guys. I really wish I could afford an '06, but the '05 seems realistic.

Luckily the difference between '05 and '06 is not all that much. IIRC the '06 gets a MP3 player, and a catless uppipe. Other changes? Dunno.

IMO the significant change is the '07, with split folding rear seats.

I currently drive a 95 Accord (auto), and it's about time to get a new car. I am extremely interested in buying a black 05 LGT when I sell my Accord. I want a manual, and I want to eventually get it to phase II. I love the way the LGT looks, and I love what I've read about the power, handling, etc....

BUT...I've been reading a lot in these forums to get a better feel for the LGT....and there are a few things I've read that concern me.

1. The difficulty of upgrading the HU. - I love my Kenwood Excelon w/ Sirius, and I would love to have it in my LGT.

2. The A/C is "weak". - I am always hot, so I like to keep the A/C cold.

3. The sunroof is slow and annoying. - I really like having a sunroof.lol

How annoying are these issues? If you knew about them earlier, would you have still bought your LGT? How far does the good outweigh the bad?

Thanks,

Jason

Here are my opinions on your questions.

1. The difficulty of upgrading the HU. - I love my Kenwood Excelon w/ Sirius, and I would love to have it in my LGT. I am the type who likes a factory look. As long as the head unit sounds good enough for me, I don't install an aftermarket stereo. I think the factory system needs a little help in the bass department. I plan on getting a small, powered subwoofer to install in the trunk. However, my first audio purchase will be a used 2007 head unit. I love XM radio and don't like my little Roady XT setup. After that, I'm swapping out my 5EAT steering wheel shift buttons for the radio control buttons.

2. The A/C is "weak". - I am always hot, so I like to keep the A/C cold. I live in Alabama, and we have had about 2 weeks of 100+ temperatures (not the "feels like" thing). I think the climate control system does a good job of cooling things off. My biggest HVAC gripe is the fact that the passenger temperature setting does not change with the driver's side setting. You can't synch them up like you could in my 04 Accord.

3. The sunroof is slow and annoying. - I really like having a sunroof.lol I don't have a sunroof and never used them in my cars that did have them. So, I can't help you with that one.

Archived