LegacyGT.com

'07-'08 LGT tuning

hamhock

Only thing I've heard is the UTEC Delta so far.

Well, I spoke with Mohammed at MZM, and he told me that they can tune the Si drive LGT's. Has anyone heard the same? Different?

Would anyone be interested in flying in a tuner in with the "CANbus cable from God"? Just an idea....an expensive one, but maybe one that might be worth it.

Mika

Strife, are you going to check out MZM? If so, please report back. Because honestly, that's the route that I'd like to go myself. $695 including ECUtek licensing(sp?) and dyno time isn't a bad deal at all.

Mika

ECUTek is the only EM that will work with Si Drive that I've seen. I keep on waiting for Cobb Tuning to come out with something for the accessport but to no luck...I'm still holding out cause I need to get my suspension done first and then take care of the rest.

Strife, I/we appreciate it. I called MZM yesterday and left a message, but no call back. I figured they're busy as all get out and will get to me when they can.

If MZM can in fact tune my '08, I will toss my turboback on there and make that drive down to Austin as soon as they have an available Saturday.

Mika

Because of the immobilizer/lack of resale on the Ecutek, I would strongly recommend that you wait for Cobb or open source tuning to be available. I had the same desire to get a reflash as soon as one was available and now 3 years later I am wishing that I had waited.

KGreb, it really is tempting to get a pro-tune for an off-the-shelf tune price. That, and how much longer do we need to wait? Cobb's been draggint their ass for 2 years now, and they're still pulling the "it'll be next month" bit.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your input. It's just annoying to the nth degree when companies don't meet expectations. And I think waiting 2 years for a tuner isn't asking for too much. I've only had my car for 2 months, and I'm this impatient. There's been folks on the boards that have wanted their AP for a few years now.

Mika

Just got off the phone with MZM. Was told that they indeed are able to tune the '07-'08 LGT's w/ ECUtek. $695 for the ECUtek license and 1 hour dyno time. I know that many folks will wait for the AP v.2. I may do it as well. But at least there's some light for folks who want to be tuned now. :) Hope that helps some folks.

Mika

What are peoples opinions on AP "off the shelf" maps vs EcuTek dyno tuned?? To me i think id rather have my car tweeked on a dyno, and for $695? hell sounds pretty good to me. Granted i dont plan on using any of the other AP features like street tuner etc, this seems like a decent option as long as my local Ecutek guy could do it.

What are peoples opinions on AP "off the shelf" maps vs EcuTek dyno tuned?? To me i think id rather have my car tweeked on a dyno, and for $695? hell sounds pretty good to me. Granted i dont plan on using any of the other AP features like street tuner etc, this seems like a decent option as long as my local Ecutek guy could do it.

Off the shelf maps are decent tunes, but very conservatively tuned. The same tune needs to fit the bill in Florida as it does in Washington. In that aspect, a tune on the dyno will be better compared to an off the shelf. That price is for MZM in Austin. I'm not sure if anyone else's local tuner will go with that price or not(saying as a heads up).

The negatives of ECUtek tune is that you can't sell the flash, or the licensing that comes with it. Also, if you add mods to your car, it will need to be dyno tuned again(more $$$ out of pocket), whereas the AP you can street tune it yourself(which is an option on the v1, not sure of v2), or have it dyno tuned($$$$ out of pocket). It's a vicious cycle.

One positive about the AP is that they do have updated maps on Cobb's website, and they usually have more maps available as time progresses(for free 99).

If it were available, I'd flex the Enginuity route. Tactrix cable, laptop and free downloadable software. But that's a whole 'nuther ballgame.

Mika

KGreb, it really is tempting to get a pro-tune for an off-the-shelf tune price. That, and how much longer do we need to wait? Cobb's been draggint their ass for 2 years now, and they're still pulling the "it'll be next month" bit.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your input. It's just annoying to the nth degree when companies don't meet expectations. And I think waiting 2 years for a tuner isn't asking for too much. I've only had my car for 2 months, and I'm this impatient. There's been folks on the boards that have wanted their AP for a few years now.

Mika

Mika, no offense taken and I understand the situation. I jumped on an Ecutek reflash from Jarrad @PDX as soon as it was available. I'm happy with it, but I like to fiddle with things and probably would have changed EM to a self-tuned reflash at this point if I had an easier path or any resale value.

Cobb is an interesting case. I had one of their original AccessECU reflashes on my old WRX that had many, many issues which Cobb agreed were problems, but provided no solutions. I've had Cobb hard parts which absolutely didn't fit the advertised vehicle. However, they do seem to have their act much more in gear in the last couple of years. I wish they could have better management of their development cycles, but at least the end products seem to be of good quality now.

Karl

Right now I'm debating between getting a Miata or getting my LGT ECUtek tuned. I'd make that Miata my track whore. The seller though has a 1st buyer, and I'm the second option. So if it doesn't sell, I'm gonna jump on it. If he does sell it, I'm slapping my turboback on and going down to Austin as soon as they have a Saturday opening.

Mika

Archived