LegacyGT.com

New info from dealers???

[quote name='P2x'][quote name='buzzdsm']No matter what the price is I'm going to wait a few months. I made the mistake of paying $500 under sticker on a 350Z (A lot of people paid over sitcker). If I would have waitied six months I would have probably saved another $1,500. It's just hard waiting.[/quote] Hmmm waiting six months for a $1500 drop in price hardly seems worth it to me. If it was a month or two, yeah probably... but six months?[/quote] See, I put it in terms of DVDs - because I like to buy them. $1500 is the equivalent of 100 DVDs at $15 each. I could be buying an average of a movie every other day for over six months and still break even if I save $1500 on the car. That's a shit load of movies. Never think in terms relative to the price of the car. It makes most numbers look puny. Thinking relative to the car can lead you to pay OVER MSRP - after all, what's a few more thousand when I'm already spending $30,000 right? NO!!! That sort of rationalization does not lead to good decision making. You should not allow yourself to make impulse purchases for that much money. Next thing you know, you're trading that car in because it isn't satisfying, and eating a buttload of depreciation. Yech.

Yeah, I know it makes good financial sense, but still, I'm an impulsive guy that must be granted immediate satisfaction. :) The amount of emotional anguish that I would be suffering by having to wait six months makes paying the extra $1500 worth it alone.

I lost about $4K in the 12 months that I owned the Z. I guess it could of been worse. It was a great car but a lousy daily driver. I'll have to check out the legacy. Maybe I don't need the limited. I like leather but I wouldn't pay $1 more for a sunroof.

[quote name='buzzdsm']I lost about $4K in the 12 months that I owned the Z. I guess it could of been worse. It was a great car but a lousy daily driver. I'll have to check out the legacy. Maybe I don't need the limited. I like leather but I wouldn't pay $1 more for a sunroof.[/quote] Is that including your payments, or are you just talking about equity? If you want leather but not the moonroof, then I'd suggest getting the GT and buying aftermarket. You can even get Alcantara instead of leather.

[quote name='Dr. Zevil']I seriously don't think I will be able to wait either, we simply need a wagon for the dog's sake :D:D:D:D:D:D ;)[/quote] Me too, but unfortunately I already have one, so no good excuse to impulse buy. In fact the rational part of me is fighting my irrational passion for this car. The lure of the GT is just too strong to logic my way out of though. I'm not sure whether that's good or bad.

OK, I have received a copy (literally) of the 2005 Legacy/Outback brochure. It is 15 pages, and entirely more than I am able to scan, but I will scan in the Specs/Color & Trim pages for review. I may need someone willing to host the pics... There may or may not be a lot of new info here, but it is definately in a format which has not been available previously. :)

[quote name='coolbluelb']OK, I have received a copy (literally) of the 2005 Legacy/Outback brochure. It is 15 pages, and entirely more than I am able to scan, but I will scan in the Specs/Color & Trim pages for review. I may need someone willing to host the pics... There may or may not be a lot of new info here, but it is definately in a format which has not been available previously. :)[/quote] So are you a dealer and that's how you got it? Or where did you get it from?

So far, my scanner has crashed my PC every time I try to scan an image. I am still trouble-shooting, but don't have them available yet. I do have some color combos (presumably for the Outback). Color and Trim: Atlantic Blue Pearl Briliant Silver Metallic Champagne Gold Opal (OB only) Garnet Red Pearl Obsidian Black Pearl Regal Blue Pearl Satin White Pearl Combos: Atlantic Blue Pearl/Granite Gray Opal Briliant Silver Metallic/Granite Gray Opal Champagne Gold Opal/Granite Gray Opal Satin White Pearl/Granite Gray Opal Willow Green Opal/Moss Green Metallic Interior: Charcoal Flat Woven Taupe Flat Woven Tweed Flat Woven Charcoal Leather Taupe Leather Perforated Charcoal Leather Perforated Dark Taupe Leather Since I have been unable to scan to date, here is some of the info which may not have been seen (at least by me) previously: GT gets: 12.3 x11.3 inch discs ventilated front/rear 17x7 5-spokes will be standard 215/45 ZR17 Bridgestone Potenza RE92's (OB gets 225's) windshield wiper de-icer rear wiper (wagons only) All-weather package (all Leg models but the 2.5i): 4-stage heated front seats, heated door mirrors, windshield wiper de-icer, LSD rear The only options noted are the 4-speed auto on the 2.5i/2.5i Ltd, the 5-EAT on the GT/GT Ltd, and an air filtration system. Also of interest, Daytime running lights are standard (??) and power windows include driver's one-touch down only (no up), resin-composite intake manifold. (EBD) electronic brake-force distribution on all models. 5EAT will have shift controls on the steering wheel. 5.8% of the chassis and body metals are aluminum-alloy. 0-60 again rears it's head, at a claimed 5.8 sec for the GT manual (I do not recall what Need-Desire used to have, wasn't it 5.5?). Interior/Cargo space: Sedan interior volume: 93.1 cu. ft. Wagon interior volume: 97.4 cu. ft. Sedan cargo volume: 11.4 cu. ft. Wagon cargo volume: 34.3 cu. ft. wagon cargo volume (rear seats down): 68.6 cu. ft.

I'll make this response separate, as it is somewhat unrelated. Included with the Legacy/Outback info I received, is a hand-written letter advising of the changes to the MY05 STi. It claims a new color will be available (I think this was pretty common knowledge), but also states that HP will be increased to 315, and the WRX radio will come standard. No prices to date.

I just came from the dealer and he allowed me to browse through the New Legacy/Outback brochure that they received in their training session. Photo-wise there is nothing new that we haven't already seen here or any of the worldwide Subaru websites. Heck, most of the pics are not even USDM which surprised me and somewhat of a let down. I did get to see a swatch of the Tweed cloth and a pic of the GT cloth interior...VERY NICE. Non-limited folk should be very pleased. The tweed fabric is only in the center portion with the side bolsters and headrest in a solid black. Look similar to Paul's seats except his look alot lighter. Overall much preferred over the Flat woven seats in the Outbacks. This brochure had the normal specs we've already seen on cars101 but not much else new.

[quote name='kage'][quote name='buzzdsm']I lost about $4K in the 12 months that I owned the Z. I guess it could of been worse. It was a great car but a lousy daily driver. I'll have to check out the legacy. Maybe I don't need the limited. I like leather but I wouldn't pay $1 more for a sunroof.[/quote] Is that including your payments, or are you just talking about equity? If you want leather but not the moonroof, then I'd suggest getting the GT and buying aftermarket. You can even get Alcantara instead of leather.[/quote] Equity

[quote name='Sub-attraction']I just came from the dealer and he allowed me to browse through the New Legacy/Outback brochure that they received in their training session. Photo-wise there is nothing new that we haven't already seen here or any of the worldwide Subaru websites. Heck, most of the pics are not even USDM which surprised me and somewhat of a let down. I did get to see a swatch of the Tweed cloth and a pic of the GT cloth interior...VERY NICE. Non-limited folk should be very pleased. The tweed fabric is only in the center portion with the side bolsters and headrest in a solid black. Look similar to Paul's seats except his look alot lighter. Overall much preferred over the Flat woven seats in the Outbacks. This brochure had the normal specs we've already seen on cars101 but not much else new.[/quote] If it was in a ring-binder, it is likely the same one I have been unsuccessful in scanning...

Archived