LegacyGT.com

Interior Shot

dark_rex

Here's a shot of the B4 interior. Aside from the LHD, this is pretty much what we're looking at for the USDM model. Seems to line up with the press releases as well.. dR [img]http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=392559[/img]

The difference between studio lighting and dude with his digital camera is extreme. I'd expect something in-between totally cool and plasticy like our Rex's. This is going to be a long 6 months :cry:

Either way, look on the bright side: Underneath that hideaway is supposed to be a DIN slot. I like the idea of being able to conceal an aftermarket NAV display up there. ;) I'm sure Schosche or Metra will come out with some kind of trim that'll replace the factory one for aftermarket head units. . . it's only a matter of time. Too bad they didn't just keep the current Impreza-based system of a double-DIN cavity with absolutely no need for trim.

[quote name='Yukonart']Either way, look on the bright side: Underneath that hideaway is supposed to be a DIN slot. I like the idea of being able to conceal an aftermarket NAV display up there. ;)[/quote] Now you've got me thinking. I just went and measured mine. That opening is about 170mm wide by 70mm high. Does that equate to a double DIN slot??

Well. . . (taking this from a manual on Pioneer's website) (DIN) (chassis) ...... 178 (W) ×50 (H) ×157 (D) mm It's safe to say that, so long as the cavity is DEEP enough, I'm sure a deck of some kind could be mounted there. . . somehow. ;)

I think that the fake aluminum pieces are a big part of the plastic look. Good trim pieces can really help out a better but not perfect interior. I think that keeping an eye out for dash kits would be a great investment. Carbon Fiber will just keep the cabin too dark. It needs some kind of aluminum or other lighter texture to help it out. Just not that plastic!

Yes, it does look better and overall less plasticky in person, but it's still not WOW! The professional pictures of it are a much better indication of how it really looks. I haven't seen the "wood" trim in person yet.

Archived