LegacyGT.com

bought a '08 Spec.B

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I just bought a new '08 Spec.B last week and am still breaking it in. It is really hard not to floor it every time I get in! I would post pictures , but it is all stock right now (except for a red top Optima that I took out of my last car) so I don't see the point! The suspension is great also. It allowed me to mess with a guy in a Volvo C70 this afternoon.

My wife and I were driving down the interstate at about 5 over (on cruise) and this guy comes up right on my bumper. Well, I'm about to merge off to the left within about 1/2 mile and so I don't get over, but there is nothing beside me, so if he wants to go around, he can. Then he starts getting closer, driving to the left and flashing his lights. Again, since I am merging off, I ignore him. Well, when I merge, I notice that he takes the same exit. This exit is notoriously bad for having a sharp turn that is easy to get into too fast, but this guy still doesn't back off and is keeping with his antics. So, I take the curve at about 60 mph (the signs say 25) - the Spec.B handled it great! The tires weren't even squealing. About halfway through, I look back and the guy was on the brakes heavy, nose down, trying to handle the curve! My wife and I start laughing and pull up to the redlight at the end of the ramp. The Volvo guy pulls up beside us and just keeps looking straight. When the light turns green, he pulls out real slow and starts driving sensibly - I think he scared himself!

Anyways, so far the Spec.B is really enjoyable and a good compromise between everyday drivability and performance. I love the fact that not many people know what it is, but it can blow the doors off a lot of "high performance" cars.

By the way, anyone know where the ID plate for the '08's are?

thanks for the quick response. I went out and checked and I still don't see it. I would think it would be in a pretty visible place, but I can't find it.

Also, I don't know why this thread would get locked...

thanks for the quick response. I went out and checked and I still don't see it. I would think it would be in a pretty visible place, but I can't find it.

Also, I don't know why this thread would get locked...

No "kill stories" are allowed at this site. I tried to post the link to the post that says that but my post is under review so it will probably show up sometime in the future.

Welcome and congrats on the new ride! I think they say it's good to vary speeds during the break in period so cruise control might not be the best idea.

:whore:

Another reason why it might get locked is if you use "SpecB" in a post nowadays, you get a number of post whores flaming each other about the merits of that trim level and other GTs...

The 08 SpecBs are no longer numbered, so there will be no plate.

Cheers.

thanks for clearing it up about the ID plate - I was starting to think I was blind!

And yes, I probably should have had my signal on, but a half mile away is a little early! Considering that he was taking the same exit, I don't know what his problem was really, but it doesn't matter now. ;)

thanks for clearing it up about the ID plate - I was starting to think I was blind!

And yes, I probably should have had my signal on, but a half mile away is a little early! Considering that he was taking the same exit, I don't know what his problem was really, but it doesn't matter now. ;)

There is a badge on the dash under the window on the drivers side. The last 6 digits is your id#.

Welcome to the forums.

Archived