LegacyGT.com

San Antonio AutoX: August 5

dr_sharp

SASCA Autocross #7 @ AT&T Center

Sunday, August 05, 2007

SASCA's 7th points autocross of 2007 will be on Sunday August 5th at the AT&T Center. The AT&T Center is located at #1 SBC Center, San Antonio, TX, 78219.

IMPORTANT!!! All Drivers MUST have their Proof of Insurance (POI) on

file BEFORE this event. If your POI is already on file, and it hasn't expired yet, you are good to go. See this topic for full details:

Setup starts at 7:00 AM

Registration opens at 8:00 AM

Late registration begins at 9:00 AM (additional $5)

Registration CLOSES at 9:30 AM

Novice Walkthrough at 9:40 AM

Driver's meeting at 10:00 AM

First Car out at 10:30 AM

NOTE: NO MEMBER DISCOUNTS FOR WALK UP REGISTRATION! Register online at <A href="http://www.dlbracing.com/" target=_blank>www.dlbracing.com

lol

Got any pics from it?

Wish I was in Texas Today, I would have done it too.

(would have been weird 2 spec B's, talk about confusing)

Haha, there was a nissan spec v there... THAT was confusing :lol:

There are pics but people whom I do not have direct contact with took them. If I get ahold of them I'll post them up.

Actually, I did take one picture... of the tread before the runs. I'll get one now and see how much I used

lol

I really enjoyed the layout, it was pretty open and only a few tight corners. On a tighter course I wouldn't have enjoyed it nearly as much.

But at the end of the day I just felt that I had abused my car and gotten almost nothing out of it. I can take a 2 hour spirited ride on backroads for the cost of gas... OR I can go to an AutoX, pay $23 (student discount (not a student as of may07 ;) ))... spend a total of 5-6 minutes pushing my car as hard as possible destroying tires, brakes, and on occasion clutch (ok, my fault) and then spend 3 hours watching others have fun and clean up their accidents and at the end of the day all I have to show is the most amazing tan-lines I've ever seen in my life. I honestly had more fun with my car on the way to the AutoX.

Don't get me wrong, the AutoX was fun but I do feel that I wasted time and money. I sacrificed an entire day for 5 minutes of fun in my car. I'm not really in a position to complain but the cones were set up very poorly and caused me confusion on several occasions (4 to be exact). This wouldn't happen on the open road or at a track as there is only one path to follow. I will still go to watch and on occasion run when I feel like abusing my car.

In the end, I have a hard time putting 10/10ths into my daily driver. Sorry for the length, but you asked! :)

lol

Archived