LegacyGT.com

Anybody know is WRX TR calipers fit LGT?

kevinh

The 2006-2007 WRX TR editions come equiped with...front and rear, red, 4-piston calipers.

Does anyone know if these calipers are a direct bolt-on for us Legacy owners? They would be a great improvement over stock 2-piston calipers, and less cost over replacing calipers, rotors, lines, etc., with a brake kit.

Dave at MSPT wasn't sure...and hasn't had time to look up part numbers. But agrees, this would be a huge upgrade.

subaruimprezawrx2006side2.jpg.292e1d46fdfa862db3af037525e825b8.jpg

KevinH

I found out the rotors are smaller on the WRX TR...but that's not the swap. If you read carefully, I'm interested in swapping the the calipers. The WRX calipers are 4-piston compared to our 2-piston. How is that a downgrade?
KevinH

because the designs are not the same. small 4 piston fixed !> large 2 piston floating design. Also...how do you propose to put a larger rotor in a caliper designed for a smaller one?

Your money is better spent on some Super-blue fluid and axxis ultimate pads, or some other high quality brake pad. The stock brakes on the LGT are absolutely fantastic. What other car HAS to come with 17" wheels stock just to clear the brakes?

I saw a Acura RSX the other day and it had shiny silver calipers. Can I use them? They would be an upgrade because they are shiny and silver...

they would look great bolted to your mirrors....air brakes! :p

Wow, I don't know how hard it is to understand this concept...

It's DEFINITELY a downgrade because of piston sizing.

When I talked to a guy at stoptech about their WRX kit and whether it would be a good thing to put on my leggy, even he told me that the WRX STOPTECH kit was designed specifically for that vehicle, and I would be downgrading if I did not specifically go with the one from Stoptech designed for the legacy.

Oh, he even went so far as to say that the Brembo wrx-sti brakes weren't meant for the leggy either...and people are downgrading when going with that also, because the leggy's PISTON diameter is much larger than both the wrx and sti...

Just my 2cent.

Wow, I don't know how hard it is to understand this concept...

It's DEFINITELY a downgrade because of piston sizing.

When I talked to a guy at stoptech about their WRX kit and whether it would be a good thing to put on my leggy, even he told me that the WRX STOPTECH kit was designed specifically for that vehicle, and I would be downgrading if I did not specifically go with the one from Stoptech designed for the legacy.

Oh, he even went so far as to say that the Brembo wrx-sti brakes weren't meant for the leggy either...and people are downgrading when going with that also, because the leggy's PISTON diameter is much larger than both the wrx and sti...

Just my 2cent.

That makes a lot of sense, and I understand now what your saying. Thanks.

KevinH

That's pretty tough to believe considering the calipers are almost twice the size of the stockers, and the rotors are much larger. Jarrad @ PDX said he never would have sold his 332x32 Legacy specific kit if it performed as well as my WRX specific kit does.

Archived