LegacyGT.com

Audible/Tactile "Click" felt through AT shifter in 08 3.0R Limited

Hey everybody - first off, I love this car! I've had it less than a month and just think it rocks! I do have one problem and am curious if anybody else has noticed this. When I take off from a dead start under normal acceleration, I can hear and feel a "click" through the AT shifter, as if something is sliding around under the shift gate. It also appears when I come to a complete stop. It definitely does not affect the performance of the car, but I'm still curious as to the source of the disturbance. I already have an appointment to take it in to the dealership next week for a diagnosis. Thanks for any help!

If I had to guess it will be the interlock for the shifter, It turns on and off with the brake pedal. This is so that you do not shift without depressing the brake.

I have heard some noisy ones in my time, but yours may just be normal.

X

---

Here's an update for Thursday - took the car in and was expecting a simple repair-while-I-wait. However, the senior technician could not figure out what the "click" was in the shifter and now has to keep it for another day. *sniff* I've got their loaner now. Additionally, I noticed that my steering wheel was slightly turned to the left when the wheels were pointed straight, so they're going to address that as well.

Okay, just got the car back today. The dealer had to order a whole new shifter assembly as there was in fact a loose part inside which was causing the noise. They were very courteous and prompt. I will definitely be writing a review with dealer specifics once this is all wrapped up, and shoot over a letter to SOA to praise them for this particular dealership.

Archived