LegacyGT.com

gearing on 3.0r

all you really have to do is go to www.discounttire..com they have a calulator for all the tires they sell some brands are different dimensions for the same size tire. they even tell you speedo error, distance traveled , etc. bosco

Oh, sure, take the easy way out.... :lol:

Thanks, I didn't know they had them.

Okay, I have no explanation for your GT running 2800 @ 80 while other GTs run 2800 @ 75. I'm fresh out of answers.

you know that i have the 5eat right?

5 eat 07 gt stock tire size (960 a/s tires). bone stock.

car shifts into 3rd at 60 then into 4th at about 95. at exactly 80mph i am at 2800 rpms. that is witht he mpg gauge at the middle...so with somewhat of a load.

you know that i have the 5eat right?

5 eat 07 gt stock tire size (960 a/s tires). bone stock.

car shifts into 3rd at 60 then into 4th at about 95. at exactly 80mph i am at 2800 rpms. that is witht he mpg gauge at the middle...so with somewhat of a load.

Oh, right, the 5EAT has different final drive than the 5MT. Thanks for the clarification.

Hey guys - if this wasn't answered already, I'm turning about 27-2800RPM at 75MPH. The car just cruises and has plenty of power on tap to pass or handle an incline. I love, LOVE this car...

I'm jealous. Before I got my GT, I was yearning for the 3.0, though I'm very happy with my 2.5 turbo. I just wish my rpms were a little lower than 3000 at 70 so I could get a little more gas mileage, but I have absolutely no complaints about the acceleration.

I just wish my rpms were a little lower than 3000 at 70 so I could get a little more gas mileage, but I have absolutely no complaints about the acceleration.

I find that with my slightly higher gearing that 5th gear is useless for passing unless I'm doing more than 65 MPH. Your sentence contradicts itself in a way.

I find that with my slightly higher gearing that 5th gear is useless for passing unless I'm doing more than 65 MPH. Your sentence contradicts itself in a way.

I should have said "though" instead of "but." Considering that most of my acceleration is done in the lower gears, I would gladly give up some rpms in 5th to gain a little efficiency. I'm not complaining though.

I'm jealous. Before I got my GT, I was yearning for the 3.0, though I'm very happy with my 2.5 turbo. I just wish my rpms were a little lower than 3000 at 70 so I could get a little more gas mileage, but I have absolutely no complaints about the acceleration.

My wife took the car to VT last week and got 26mpg on the way up and 27 on the way back. Driving around 75 in sport# mode.

Not bad for an AWD car.

My wife took the car to VT last week and got 26mpg on the way up and 27 on the way back. Driving around 75 in sport# mode.

Not bad for an AWD car.

If I stay around 65, I can get 25 to 25.5. If I get up to 75 or 80, it drops to around 24. I guess it's not so different from yours. 2 mpg difference means you can go an extra 30 miles on a tankful - just over a gallon's worth of driving.

I got 28.2 MPG all the way down to Asheville, NC including getting stuck in traffic for two hours because an orange truck tipped over, and 28.8 on the way back.

One time I filled up just for the heck of it - went 184 miles and only put 6.02 gallons in. That's over 30 MPG :); and the MPG-O-Meter said I only had 29.1 for the last fill-up.

Archived